Thread: Out of control anxiety in pregnancy

Out of control anxiety in pregnancy

Has anyone here had extreme anxiety in pregnancy??

Re: Out of control anxiety in pregnancy

hi hon...

i have had problems with panic and anxiety for about nine years but strangley when i was pregnant i didnt really have any of the symptoms... when i was pregnant was the only time i actually fealt normal / ok.
    are you anxious about being pregnant or just anxious generally??

x x

I had problems after my first two pregnancies and with my third I was a mess. I didnt sleep, cried all the time and had non stop panic attacks pretty much. It got so bad that in the last month my husband had to take sick time off work to be with me because I would get myself in such a state. I was on Paxil throughout all three of my pregnancies as well. If there is anything I can help with please feel free to ask and I can do my best to help.

Hi ya yes please help me i am a nervous wreck i have 2 children, and have had 2 miscarriages one chemical and another at 16 weeks pregnant. i am now 9+6 days pregnant and at 8 weeks they gave me a scan to check for a heartbeat which was there but since then i am so nervous and jumpy about everything if the phone rings i jump out my skin, if some1 comes up beind me i jump, if some drops something i jump, anyway i was so worried i booked a private scan yeasterday and all was fine with my baby but last night it all went wrong i went to the cinema and it was soooooooo loud i jumped out my skin quite a few times so much so that i had to leave and wait for the other outside we wasn't even half way through the film, i am sooo scared now that my babys heart has stopped due to me jumping out my skin please help im a nervous wreck! x

Hi

I do sympathise as I had very bad anx when pregnant with my son and was constantly obsessed with miscarriage and then once he was over that it was obessed about early labour. my poor husband had to take me to hospital in the middle of the night quite a few times over the course of the pregnancy. i also had an early miscarriage prior to pregnancy with my son.

I want to get pregnant again next year but am scared all these things will kick in again ( on top of my normal anx!) although I am trying to give myself this advice - eat well/dont smoke/get enough rest/dont drink alcohol/ keep up with all docs appointments and then just let nature take is course. There is nothing more you can do than that, and that is the truth. you can't change things that you cannot control. and you know what? Your body is an amazing thing it can grow a baby all by itself withouth you worrying about it at every turn ( very hard I know !)next thing you know your baby will be ready to be born! pregnancy is not an illness i used to keep telling myself it is a natural state, and the most likely outcome in the end of it a healthy baby.
    X

No. Pregnancy kinda cured me. And I was fine for a few years, bar being a slightly neurotic mother I guess when the kids got ill.

Thread Information