Thread: dizziness/lightheadedness

dizziness/lightheadedness

hi all, just after a little help please if anyone can. has anyone else out there suffered really bad constant lightheadedness while being on citalopram. ive suffered with a constant lightheadedness for 7 years, but it was always just in the background and never too intrusive. since starting the panic attacks at beginning of september the dizziness has gone through the roof getting worse and worse, is this due to the tablets or something else.(i started on diazepam, then trazodone and now im on 20mg citalopram) ive been on citalopram for nearly 2 weeks but the dizziness is just not getting any easier, im starting to worry.

Re: dizziness/lightheadedness

When i first started taking citalopram i used to get pretty bad head rushes when ever i stood up but not a general light headedness although i did feel pretty spaced out the whole time which can make me a bit wobbly on my feet, diazepam can deffinatley make you feel light headed but only for the duration its in your system.

I am sure it is nothing to worry about as citalopram seems to effect every1 differently but if you are worrying about it then it may be worth talking to you GP, even if its only to get reassured that its nothing to worry about and alleveiate your anxiety

/Pete

Thread Information