Thread: Really scared of taking medication

Really scared of taking medication

I have bad anxiety and have suffered on and off with it plus panic attacks for about 18 years. I've had some years where I've been fine though.

Initially I was given Prozac and Valium and really battled to take them because I had developed a phobia about taking medication. I eventually managed and they did help. I stopped taking them about 8 years ago.

Recently I've been through a very stressfull situation and have become so anxious again that I can hardely function at work. I finally went to the doctor who prescribed Ativan (Lorazepam) 1mg. I would have preferred what I had been given before but she felt I needed something different.

Just the thought of taking one of these pills causes me more panic and anxiety!

Has anyone else taken these? Will they help me? Will I feel strange if I take one?

I would really appreciate some feed-back.
    Thanks
    Becky

Re: Really scared of taking medication

hi becky,

i know how you feel i have this everytime i put on new meds or there upped, its horrible i know,, it takes me days to take them, then kick my self for not taking them earlyer.
    when you take one you weill feel how your thinking, if that makes sense, your thoughts create the feelings, so if you thinking your going to feel strange then you more likely will, i was put on new meds bout 5 mths ago and i was convinced they were causeing me to panic, but there wernt , they cant cause there a kind of valium.

youve got options. ethier go to docs and asked if you can have ya old tabs, or just some diaizpam to take when needed.
    take them and keep busy for an hour if you dont feel strange then you wont, you on a very low dose , i took these years ago, 40mg ithink, iwas fine and they help me wonders, i only come of them cuase of other neds i had to take.

keep positive, if you do convice your self you feel funny , it will be out of ya symstem in a few hours,
    try them , they wiill help.
    hopes this helps abit
    lucy

diaizpam 5mg, as needed.

come on panic attack do your worse,, you can knock me down,, BUT I WILL GET BACK UP AGAIN.

Thread Information