Thread: help on citalopram

help on citalopram

hey everyone am new to this

hey am nicola 24 from glasgow and id like some advice if possible?
    i have been taking panic attacks since i was 15 and my gp has put me on citalopram.ive been on them for 4 weeks now and i dont know if the side affects im getting is normal?
    i was on mirtazapine for 2 years and they didnt do much good.all they done was made me put on so much weight.they did make me sleep amazing but that was it.now am on citalopram 20mg. am just really worried at the mo.
    its like i sleep all day cos i cant sleep at night cos am awake.i take hot and cold fits and ive notice my teeth hurt when i get up i think am like holding my teeth when i do get some sleep.
    its like i cant seem to do anything i just cant be borthed with doing nothing. i used to go out every day now all i wanna do is sleep.my bones and muscles are all so sore. its like am out of it.i used to worry about everything now am like i dont care.my parents think am like stoned.am like its caused of the pills.
    i just need some advice on what to do.its kinda freaking me out

thank you

Re: help on citalopram

I am getting similar effects in respect to feeling really spaced out and almost "stoned", dont really know what to make of them really, is a wierd feeling. What time are you taking your pills ? If your taking them at night it might be worth starting to take them when you get up, i find i sleep a lot better that way.

Think its worth you giving it some more time to see if it gets ne better as it can take 6-8 weeks to feel the full effects, dont believe a word of what it says on the piece of paper with the tablets, its mainly lies!

/Pete

Hi, please click on the "Citalopram Survival Guide" link in my signature below. Everything I have experienced and been able to research is in there. I've put hundreds of hours of work into it.

From what you say though, it sounds like your experiences are perfectly normal.

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

hey i used to take them at night but ive started to date them first thing in the morning.i just dont know how ill go back to normal.its like i dont feel like my old self. how long have you been on the pills for? how are you coping with the side affects?

Yeah im feeling the same thing at the moment, just dont feel like my old self at all and dont know how im going to go back to normal but gotta just keep telling myself that its the tablets that are making me feel wierd and i need to sort out my issues in my head before i come off them, the side effect that worried me the most was dissascosiation, where everything doesnt feel real and I just felt disconnected but its really nothing to worry about, the feelings pass although it does seem scary at the time.

The side effects can be a lot to cope with and i am still having problems with them myself but they do start to ease over time although im starting to question whether they will go away totally, think im just gunna have to sort things out in my head and try to get off them.

Have you tried anything to find the root of your panic attacks?? Like CBT or what not??

whats cbt? i know where the panic attacks are coming from.i worry that much my mind goes into over drive.i know the day it all started from. i was in a class and my belly made a noise and the whole class heard it and started to laugh so it all kicked off from there and ever since then i panic.
    the only thing that is keeping me going is my driving lessions. i love it. its the only thing i dont panic at.
    i just wish i coul dget rid of these attacks once and for all :( ive had them for 10 yrs and there abit better but i still worry. i feel like am an outsider from the rest of the world. i just wanna be normal.
    how are you coping with your attacks and the pills?

CBT is cognitive behavioral therapy and it aims to find the root causes of the way your feeling and change the way that you think about them, I havent started CBT yet but am looking forward to starting it in december, fking NHS waiting list :(

I know what you mean about the driving lessons, i've taken up jiu jitsu since ive been feeling like this and i really find it takes my mind off stuff, plus learning to defend myself will hopefully help as my problems stemmed from an attack.

As for the panic attacks, they have pretty much stopped now, i just get anxious but it never really develops into a full blown panic attack. Other than the anxiety though i have felt really depressed since i have started taking citalopram which i find strange seen as their meant to be an anti depressant, think its the feeling of unreality that are getting me down.

I know what you mean about wanting to feel normal, i feel exactly the same, just looking round at every1 thinking how can they just joke and smile so freely but im sure our day will come when we feel back to normal

Think its deffinatly worth speaking to your GP about CBT or some form of councilling although the nhs are phasing out normal councilling atm.

/Pete

hey pete thank you. ive spoken to my gp and hes takin me off the pills. i cant cope with them.he said i should take one every second day to get that out of my body then affter 6 days ive 2 take different pills have no idea what they are yet
    hey welcome from comig over your panic attacks go you pleased for you.
    hey am gonna ask me gp for some extra help just hope that works.hey be good to keep in contact with you and see how your doing
    nic

Thread Information