Thread: Can prolonged stress/anxiety cause eyesite problems?

Can prolonged stress/anxiety cause eyesite problems?

Hmm i'm getting a bit worried about this to be honest. I am 21, when I was growing up I always had fantastic eyesite, i'd be walking home with my friends after school(on the occasions when I actually went) when I was 13-14 and we would play a game where we would try and read number plates from a long distance and I was the one who could always read them better than any of my friends could.

The past 1-2 years though I have started to get blurry vision 80% of the time and it's worse in my right eye than my left. Also when I look at bright things like traffic lights they seem to be too bright for me and they look blurry. I haven't had an eye test in a few years and I know I should do but I don't understand how I can go from great eyes to blurry vision in the space of a few years at such a young age. Is this just the constant stress I have dealt with for the past 6 years catching up with me and making my eyes see things that they should'nt be?

Anyone else ever had this problem?

Re: Can prolonged stress/anxiety cause eyesite problems?

Hello Andy,

Im Krisi and I am 20 years-old. I used to have perfect eye sight as well. Now it is a bit different. A little more blurry etc. I also havent had an eye exam in quite awhile. Perhaps we should both make an appointment and see how each other did. Going to the doctor is always a reassuring thing. Shall we make appointments?

ps its nice to find someone around my age on here

Kristina

Hey Kristina I do want to make an appointment for an eye test but i'm kinda worried. I am sure that the constant anxiety and stress is making my eyes go blurry but my worry is that because my eyesite will be worse than before they will say that I need glasses or something and I don't want to wear glasses or contact lenses!

I keep thinking... Once I get better and calm down my stress then my eyesite will go back to how it was before... But I have felt stressed and anxious for ages and I don't seem to be able to relax everyday and not worry about something.

Hi. Anxiety can play a part in many things I have learned. I had great eyesight until I was about 23 when it started getting worse and I had to wear glasses for distance. Its quite usual to have one eye better than the other as well. Dont laugh but now I am 45, I am short sighted in one eye and long sighted in the other. Go and have your eyes tested to put your mind at ease. And if you do need glasses, so what. I personally think they look very attractive.

Thread Information