Thread: hey... recovered briefly now its all back.

hey... recovered briefly now its all back.

Hey,

I've been reading through the posts up here for quite a while and it has really helped, in fact I thought i had beat it. But suddenly it's all come back.

I'm 21 and had my first major attack a few months ago, though i think I've been having PA's for quite a while and not really acknowledging it..

I generally suffer from heath anxiety (i think ), after having an attack I then get agoraphobic for a few days.. I think I'm also showing a lot a signs of OCD related to this.

I find it strange how I get the anti-social/agoraphobic side as I'm generally very confident and I get paid to travel around the world meeting new people every day. I'm also a musician and am used to performing in front of 1000's of people - no problem. In fact when I'm havin an attack i can still laugh and joke with people regardless of the fact I think I'm dying .

Anyway thats a long hello... I will post my issues in the health anxiety section and hope for some replies.

Thanks for reading..

Hi fazman3000

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: hey... recovered briefly now its all back.

to NMP.There is a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes;SELF HELP FOR YOUR NERVES ISBN 0-7225-3155-9.This is available from the NMP shop. Dr Weekes was a physician and scientist. She was a fellow sufferer (nominated for the nobel prize for medicine) who really understood this illness. She took the mystery out of it, and devised a simple programme for recovery. I can't recommend this enough. This will get better. It is amazing how many creative and accomplished people have this illness.

Veronica

Re: hey... recovered briefly now its all back.

Hi and Fazman .You will find a lot of help and support here .Im sure you will be glad you joined .All the best Sue X

Thread Information