Thread: Funny Thing Happened On The Way To NMP . Today A Funny Yesterday A Symptom

Funny Thing Happened On The Way To NMP . Today A Funny Yesterday A Symptom

I had to share this with everyone as I just made a discovery that makes me feel silly . I think I have mentioned it a lot.. Its been pretty cold lately here in Colorado , but if you have your house too hot .. you smother. They insulate the houses so well here to maintain the heat..

My wife and I keep the heat at about 62 at night.Cold enough to heat but not to hot to breathe.. For the last four years we sit in bed and read and use the computer and under our hair line and upper chest we get kind of like sweaty .. also on our face ,ears and eyes even.. Very strange because in the lower body although we are under the blanket we are freezing..

To make a long story short ,after only four years lol we just found the problem.. This is really ridiculous..especially thinking it was high blood pressure causing me to feel this way but I thought about it and my wife has low blood pressure so how could she feel the exact same way?

Under the head of our bed.. there is a heat vent. There is a small space between the bedding and the head board .. When the heat is on..even at 62 in the house it comes right up between the headboard and the bedding and inbetween our pillows thus making us hot in the face ,ears and upper body and our feet and lower regions are cold because its cold in the house.. So its not high blood pressure or some weird sickness or some far flung disease, its a heater vent putting hot air up the head board making us feel sweaty when we shouldn't and no heat in the room on the lower halfs of our bodies other than a small blanket and comforter .. Got to laugh.. wow and only four years to figure it all out.. Just goes to show you that things can be explained sometimes lol

Re: Funny Thing Happened On The Way To NMP . Today A Funny Yesterday A Symptom

This really cheered me up, it sounds like something i wouldn't notice either...but after four years i don't know if 'd be telling people about it!

Glad you found it humorous. Now that we know what it is after only suffering this weird sensation four years..we don't worry so much..That is one of the only things that has helped me with weird feelings over the years ..deductive reasoning.. thinking what would cause this..It couldn't have been more clear and we totally missed it.. Go figure.. Thanks for your response.. Michael

Hi Michael....maybe you should move your bed or better still if your toes get cold you can sleep the other way round

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
    (Herm Albright)

Hey thats a great idea.. but then it would look weird and my view would be the painting above my bed lol. but still a great idea.

It must be such a relief to you Michael. One less thing to worry about.

Veronica

We closed the vent off and made the room more airy.. Now I know what it is.. it doesn't bother me.. Thanks for asking sweetie. take care Michael

Thread Information