Thread: force of habit

force of habit

does anyone else find that they have there thoughts so much they become more a habit than anything else,like i had thoughts of smashing my laptop now when ever i use it am waiting for that thought so by waiting for it in a way i am having the thought lol. like if i had a thought to hit someone when i am with them my mind feels distracted i might not have the thought but its like i am analysing my thoughts waiting for it to happen.
    its like i have a scary thought of harming someone and i am waiting for it and i know it scares me so because i am waiting for it, it feels like i am throwing the thought in, thats my problem its like i am waiting for the thought then when it comes i blame myself for throwing it in.
    i know it a thought but because it feels like i am throwing it in that seems to me to be the hardest thing to get over.
    i try ignore my thoughts but when i am feeling ok i realise and then i throw the spike in and am all anxious again.
    it just one viscious circle.
    does anyone out there understand what i mean.
    thanks

Re: force of habit

Yeah, it's a cycle of thought. If you find youself in the same physical place sometimes the mind can go back to the associated mental space it was in last time.

Don't dwell on the thought, it serves no purpose and you don't need to analyse it further. Next time, just focus on whats on the screen.

I get this too, sometimes in class I'll think about rude things and then I flush hot with embarassment and feel paranoid that someone read my mind but it's the expectation of the thought, especially when people are in close proximity-my mind races.

i try not analyse i just find that i am expecting the thought so it appears, i also find that i doubt my normal thoughts, hmmm maybe a bit harsh but because i have been at war with the thoughts and not just accepting them that i can look at a puppy and think awwww, then i worry that i dont actually think that and then i doubt my thoughts.

I think you are thinking to much..which most of us do.. put your mind on automation for awhile and take a break .I think you will be fine..

i know i am thinking to much but the thoughts just pop in i cant stop them, i wish i could put my mind on automation but its like haveing anxious thoughts running through my head all the time, i dont get a break from it.
    its like i am so scared of the thoughts i have become obsessed with them if that helps. tried to just ignore them but i felt like they where constantly there.
    its like i have negative and positive thoughts running through my head the more i ignore them the more i notice they are there.
    yes i wish i could turn of my thoughts how i wish :(

I think everyone that has suffered ocd (I deliberately didn't capitalise it!!) would love to be able to switch off those unpleasant thoughts, and the urge to do repetitions - it is such a utterly bizzare illness - does anyone else find that?

Thread Information