Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I Don't Understand Why Post ,Even One Gets No Response ?

I Don't Understand Why Post ,Even One Gets No Response ?

Hi everyone.

Im not trying to be rude or ugly in any manner shape or size here. I just don't understand.. when you are online and you see a cry for help from a fellow member and you don't even post a "hey you might want to see a doctor" or a "hey hope you feel better" or "hey glad to have you here we are all in the same boat" day after day I see post many of which never get answered..

First of all for some people it takes a lot of courage..this is their last hope of getting someone ,anyone to help them.. They wrote and no one responded..
    They left feeling alone and hurt and uncared for.. I have had this happen a lot and I know I ask a lot of questions over and over and over which is probably ocd.. But is it asking too much for someone to check to see if there are unanswered post from people urgently asking for help, they are probably panicking and freaking out ..Thats why they wrote..

It just kind of bothers me that this board boast membership of over 15000 people .. and I know there are millions of redundant post and so on.. but maybe someone new signs on here,they are panicking and don't know how to use the computer that well or use this site..They are scared and hurting.. feel for them and please post something to them even if its a hope you feel better sorry you aren't feeling well.. Its just a kind thing to do ..

If you were new and were scared to death and found this site and just joined and nobody answered you .. How would it make you feel.? Like I said no offense intended and no offense given.. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings but I did want to ask why and to ask please.. care. thanks Michael

Re: I Don't Understand Why Post ,Even One Gets No Response ?

Hi Michael,

This is my first ever post - only just registered

I have been sitting here all morning reading your responses to others posts, and I can understand your frustration.

So I thought I would respond and say hello and I am listening. I dont suffer HA, just Anxiety and PA, but after reading many of your posts I do know that you are worry about your BP lot and on many occasions I have wanted to post to say, 'from someone who suffers Hyptertension and High Cholesterol, there are safe ways to manage and control it' but I do understand your anxiety.

Anyway, thanks for all your support you have given me over the past month or so - without even knowing you were doing so.

Michael,

i understand your view and frustration , and i can only speak for myself on this, but i have 391 posts on here, and only 3 of which i have started as a thread myself, i try to reply to posts if i can, but a lot of the time i dont have the energy or the concentration to reply, so a lot of the time i reply to the ones that i can identify most with, also there ends to be a lot of very similar posts, and if i have recently replied to one , i really dont have the energy to post again. I do feel bad about that, but thats just where i am at the moment . i share your frustration, but thought i would give another perspective

P x

The other thing if i can just add is that, the majority of the time, where you see no-one has answered to a thread is because they have put up the same thread about the same situation on a different forum, people answer to one of them and the other gets neglected, thats why we ask people not to put up duplicate threads on the forum about the same subject as one always gets neglected.

The other reason being, some people can only give advice on their own personal experience, ie: i can't answer threads about medication as i don't do them.

There are lots of reasons why some threads don't get answered and its not because we don't care, just thought i'd let you know the more likely reasons of them not being answered.

best wishes

di xx

Hello. I always look especially for posts with no replies and give an answer when I can. If, as Di says, I know nothing about the problem, then I am unable to give an answer, so I leave it to the members I'm sure will know. Also as Di says, if someone is posting about the same subject on repeated threads, I only answer once. There are some days when my head is empty and I need support. On those days I'm not capable of stringing together a sensible response to anyone.

I hope you receive replies to all your posts and find them helpful.

I agree, I go out of my way to read the posts with no responses and see if I can help. I would hate to think anyone would feel left out at all, that would not help matters.

Hi Michael, I've just logged in looking for posts on fear of dying just as you drop off to sleep and came across yours, so this is just a hello and hope you are well today.

Ann

You ask why, I'll try and answer from my own perspective.
    Like many others here, I keep an eye out for "newbies" and unanswered posts, nobody wants to see someone in distress go unanswered.
    For the past two weeks, I have answered very few posts, mainly due to the fact that I have been battling my own "demons" and I could barely write a legible sentence..I don't tend to wear my heart on my sleeve too much but I can say with all honesty that I had lost the will to live...things are just too much to cope with.
    I am feeling slightly better today but know I am nowhere near ok, the only refuge I have from this is this forum, I have no other support. While my mind is so disturbed with these thoughts I cannot communicate properly with others as my thinking is off balance..I cannot advise someone "it will get better" when I feel so awful. Better to wait until I start to feel ok then I can try and offer practical help.

Hi Michael

I know people may be too busy or have their own issues to deal with, however I think that if we can just take a few minutes out per day to write even one reply to others, then it would be a good thing. I can understand though, if someone is really down then they might read a post, but not feel like replying.
    Sometimes I have not been in a good place emotionally to be able to offer any advice. Sometimes I feel confused when replying because I tend to ramble and then I have doubts about whether my reply will be of any help and then I end up deleting my reply.
    It is disheartening when we don't get replies. I have had no replies sometimes to some of my posts,and if I was feeling down, then I felt worse, even though a part of me, knew that maybe others were too busy or had their own problems to contend with,to reply. I have noticed that a lot of posts don't get answered too, and especially the ones from newcomers too.
    I am glad that you posted your message!
    Last edited by PoppyC; 26-11-09 at 13:29.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information