Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: downward spiral

Unhappy downward spiral

Hello everyone

Really worried... I just stupidly googled cos when I close my eyes I seem to sway quite alot back and forth... I remembered the neuro doing this test but it seems to have got loads worse the past couple of days... I think its called the romberg's test or something like that. I feel so up tight. I can't get over the fact that I really do think I have MS and it's just not shown up on the tests. It's driving me and my family mad. My left hand/ arm feels really odd too. Like stiff and slow to react... I keep having bladder infections, the shakes, blurred in one eye, dodgy hearing (high pitched noise in my ears), pins and needles, buzzingsensations, and very very dizzy when walking around or even just sat down I feel dizzy. It's literally always on my mind ( I know this will exaggerate any little symptom).... I feel I can't go back to the doc's cos if I mention MS again they'll get mad with me as he keeps telling me I don't have it, it sounds silly but I really do think that is what I have.

Re: downward spiral

Hi Hun

sorry you are feeling low
    Anxiety causes dizzyness i just closed my eyes and i wobble and sway as well

please try not to worry x

I just want to cry..... I just seem to match all symptmos, even down to having frequent bladder infections

Thank you anyway

Hello Historienne,
    I just wanted to say i'm suffering with exactly the same symptoms and the same fears as you, i could have written your post.
    I find it so hard to convince myself there's nothing wrong and literally my every waking thought is about how i'm feeling physically which I think just adds to the horrible vicious circle.
    Sorry to not be of any help but i just wanted to say you're really not alone.
    Take Care
    *hugs*
    Lu x

Thanks.. Even the bladder issues? I know i'm not imagining it, its literally daily.. Its like my bladder suddenly decides to stop emptying and then the residue is what is causing the cloudy/smelly urine. Sorry to be so descriptive! The right side of my neck is permemantly stiff, I get my words muddled up the list goes on! Also I read that anxiety symptoms seem to affect the left side and not so much the right! :-(

Seems like someone could have a bad case of vertigo - all the noises in ur ears can be linked to tintitis - the ears is what knocks us off balance. Meds can cause this too

I dont think dr google is the answer as its very misleading ends up pecking our heads with thoughts we didnt have to begin with. Go back and speak to ur doc thats the best advice I can give

Hope your feeling better soon

Dee xx

I'm not on meds.. But thank u. The docs don't want to know now

Poor you you seem so upset and anxious i wish i could take your pain away i really dont know how to help you but the balance prob are typicall anxiety related i have them .

Take Care Margaret

Hi historienne, i have a massive fear of neuro diseases in general, i thought / still think at times i have MS too and i'm waiting to see a neuro in december.

My right arm / hand goes quite stiff too from using the laptop alot i think but i notice when i use my hands or any part of my body alot i twitch loads too.

I also have this funny feeling in my right hand and forearm at times and especially through my thumb and finger next to it, it's really hard to explain but it's basically somatization, the thing is (from what i have been told by 4 doctors) is that with MS you wont have funny feelings, it will be either pain or sharp pins and needles and or the affected limb would then go numb for a number of weeks.

Of course dizzyness is a sign of MS, BUT this is usually extreme dizzyness, like you can just about stand up but you'll walk into a wall or fall over.

My docs do not believe i have MS but some form of somatoform disorder (basically it's psychological with no organic cause, like anxiety) and i am going for an assessment for this in 4 weeks time.

I have had widespread pain for weeks, cramps, shakes all over, tremor in hands for the last 4 months, wide spread twitches, excercise intolerence, headaches, dizzyness that lasted for a month, i have poor eyesight in 1 eye anyway but it has gotten worse and i checked with an optician with this and they had a look and everything was fine and she said anxiety can be a big problem with eyesight apparently.

I also have dodgy hearing at times and hear a high pitched whistle too lol plus the buzzing sensations in certain parts of the body and i had pins and needles for weeks in my hands and forearms.

Although you are showing signs of MS, you have not had anything "go dead" or have been extremely dizzy so you cannot walk and as you have seen a neuro i too would say it is anxiety.

I hope this helps as i have been there / here for months with the constant dread of fearing i have MS.

You probably already know this but 9/10 people who have MS have relapsing remitting MS which means they suffer maybe 1 attack a year, possibly 2 and as long as they take medication / change diet, they can and do live a full and loong life and usually die of other things / natural causes and the life expectancy is almost the same as a person without MS.

Thank u. I know there are far worse things to have but u don't want to have ideally.. Its the standing with eyes closed and bladder probs that r my main worry cos they seem to be big indicators of a neuro prob. H've been permemantly numbish on my whole right hand side for about a yr now.. Sorry to hear you have been suffering too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information