Thread: Help

Help

Hi guys,
    Ive just joined and wondered if you can give any advice or anything...
    I suffer from really bad anxiety, but only when im in university lectures/seminars, its really strange, everywhere else im fine at work, at home ,ect. But even the thought of going into uni makes me panic. And when im there i shake and my heart beat like 500mph, and i have to constantly draw or chew gum to try and calm myself down.
    I dont surpose anyone knows of any ways to calm down in a situation like this :( i would be very grateful..
    thank you,
    Emily

Re: Help

you could try Bach's rescue remedy its very good for taking edge off its not addictive get it from most chemist i could help x

Emily. Is there anything particular about uni that makes you feel so anxious? I used to feel anxious before I went to college but I would be ok once I got there. When I feel really stressed I take 2 Kalms tablets they are herbal and they do seem to help.

Hi Emily Sorry you are having a bad time , Rescue Remedy is what i use in stressfull situations and it works for me (worth a try )

Take Care Margaret

Thank you guys i might try and buy that Rescue Remedy tomorrow if ive got time before uni.
    Cunny - thank you, this is gonna sound really strange but im anxious about being sat in uni because im scared that im going to be sick in lesson. I always have to have gum and make sure i can get to the door easy and stuff. Im im also worried if i do feel ill that everyone might think im weird ...im sorry if this sounds weird :(
    Also i bought some kalms yesterday, so i will definatly try taking two tomorrow morn

People wouldnt think your weird if you feel ill, would you think some one in your class was weird if they were ill? What you say doesnt sound strange I think you prob just get yourself worked up and make yourself feel ill. Give the Kalms a try, rescue remedy is good as well xx

Thread Information