Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What are you thankful for?

What are you thankful for?

Since we just finished Thanksgiving in the United States, I wanted to ask all of you -What are you truly thankful for?

We all know what we are not thankful for or else we would not be on this site. Since we are so busy focusing on all our symptoms, ailments, fears and phobias, it did help me yesterday to think what I am thankful for.

I had all day anxiety yesterday cooking a huge meal for all my family. I was also stressed about them coming into my home ( it is hard to entertain when anxiety is your main priority!)

At the end of the day, I was so thankful to see how happy my family was together, enjoying the beautiful meal that I made them. I was thankful that my anxiety was going away because I was once again happy in that moment to see how much love is around me despite the fears I am encountering at the present time.

I am thankful for my home, I am thankful for having beautiful nature surrounding our home, I am thankful for the support my family gives me during my times of need, but most importantly, I am thankful for all my family and closest friends in my life at this time and will no longer let anxiety prevent me from loving and enjoying them because tomorrow they may be gone.

Re: What are you thankful for?

What are you truly thankful for?

Caring people on here like YOU because what would living alone with anxiety be like otherwise!?!?!

Bill - thank you! You have me in tears! I am so thankful for people like YOU that care and understand where people like us are coming from.

Thanksgiving is once a year - it should be celebrated everyday, around the world. If we remember all the positives in our life, it helps us to remember why we are here. My family will love me anxiety or not. It is up to me to be able to love them to my fullest ability. AND I WILL. YOU WILL TOO.

God Bless you.

Dear Mya,

A beautiful inspiring post -- Thank you. You can't feel anxious when your feeling so very GRATEFUL!
    Beautiful and well done!!
    Best wishes,
    barry

Thank you, Barry.

I hope it helps some in their desperate times of need. It is hard to be thankful for things when you feel like this 24/7. If we stop and try and think about that once in a while, it will give us more fuel to fight the fight. I am glad you enjoyed it and it hope it brings you comfort.

I am thankful for 55 years of an exceptional life. Thankful for family and friends that we have all over the world..I am thankful that in my later years that I was blessed with early retirement and my health isn't too bad..Im thankful for so many anxiety free days..

Thankful that I have enjoyed seeing and exploring places and things that I would have never if I had not have had the courage too.I am thankful that we pay our bills every month and don't have to worry about much.. I am thankful I was given a second family and second chance in life when the first marriage of 23 years went bad..Also thankful that she had someone to love her and take care of her when I left.. I am thankful that my second wife the one im with now didn't die of cancer when told she was terminal and that my first daugther from my first marriage didn't die of cancer at age 15 like they thought she was..

I am thankful for every pain free moment I have and for the blessings of a home and two families I have received. I am thankful for the many things that have been bestowed on me and im not sure why they have.. but I try not to ask..I also am thankful for the many friends that care for me here when I am sad and worried and scared..

I have so many things I am thankful for.. it would take all night to list.. But I never go one day without thinking of how blessed in everyway I am..Im not only thankful at Thanksgiving ..I am at any given moment of any day ..although sometimes I don't sound like it on here.. I really am.I know what it is to be alone. I know what it is to wonder where the next meal is coming from , I know what it is to be frightened and ,so many other feelings.. so I try never to take anything for granted. I know sometimes I do but I sure don't mean to..Thanks for this opportunity to give thanks in writing.. Michael

Michael, I think you are very aware of all that you are thankful for. That is wonderful.

You have clearly endured much distress during your life, however, I think these negative experiences have only made you a wiser and more appreciative person. You have handled these hard times with grace and dignity - and you are still grateful for your wonderful life. I think it is beautiful that you are thankful for these things each day.

I think your biggest strengths are what you fear most - and it is those strengths/ fears that are your biggest gift. You are positively impacting people everyday.

I am also thankful that I have endured these difficult hardships for it has allowed me to converse with incredible people like you!

I hope you and your family are enjoying those yummy leftovers! That is the best!

Hi Mya,

Yep still eating turkey but its been so long since we had a traditional Thanksgiving dinner..Its wonderful !!!! Thank you for your kind comments..They made me feel good and Im very appreciative to have been able to voice them..

I am thankful because I know how quickly a life can turn on a dime and be do different and traumatic ...I grew up poor and started working when I was seven years of age and up until a few years ago had at least two jobs and always found working enjoyable and I felt somewhat in control of my life..

I never looked at work as something bad.. only something to be proud of..an accomplishment .. that I did something to take care of my family and myself.. I paid my way worked hard and the things I acquired I did it by working hard..

Over the years I have lost everything yet never really was sad about it ,just pulled myself up and got going again and rebuilt...Its just life and you deal with it..But every since I was a child..I have never forgotten those that cared for me and helped me a long the way. I try to give back to people when I can, but I could never do as much was done for me..I can only try..

I have never been one to think that any given moment that things or my life couldn't be taken away.. Thats why I appreciate what I have and things that are good in my life and the life I have lived..Somehow I have stumbled through it .. and its turned out ok..

I look back now and if I died this moment would be very greatful for the experiences and the people I have met with no regrets other than going to the U.K. lol. I don't know if you read the post between Bill and I.. But my fathers family originated in the U.K right out of London.. If I gave you my real last name you would instantly recognize it as common there.

I have relatives living still in those areas and all over the U.K and associated territories.. But anyway that was a little joke.. I have had vast travels and met people from all walks of life and cherish each and every one ..Sometimes I slip up a little and think about pity .. and then I laugh to myself and think about how stupid that thought was..

My mother grew up during the depression ..They were dirt poor but farmers and seem to help so many others. I learned from her the most valuable gifts that you can receive is giving to others.. so I guess I got that from her. I used to listen to her stories about growing up and a year before she died.. I had a serious talk to her as person to person not as mother to son..

I told her I was sorry she had such a bad ,and terrible life. The stories she told would make you weep.. I wish she would have written a book about her life.I begged her to but she never did.. Anyway getting back to my original point. I told her I was sorry she grew up badly and her life was terrible with so much trauma and sadness. At that point she looked at me and said "Are You crazy" I looked at her with a bewildered look.. And said HUH? She said I had a wonderful life.. full of adventures and wonderful people and she said if she hadn't had me ..she wouldn't have had anyone.. I was what made her life complete.. I was shocked..She told me I was a good man. A good husband and father and a fine man.. That was so much more than I ever expected to hear from her but have never forgotten those words..To this day I am eternally greatful we had that conversation..

Anyway im rambling again which means im tired so Ill retire now and thank you for your gracious words and kindness..Michael

my kids my husband and my parents

Thank you for a lovely thoughtful post to start Mya .
    I am thankful for my husband who has given me so much support since I have been ill. I am thankful he chose me for his wife and thankful for the 23 years we have shared.
    I am thankful also for my three wonderful children.
    I guess I should be thankful also that the illnesses that brought me here, anxiety, stress and depression are nothing more. As awful as they are if I am going to be ill then I would rather have them then something terminal that would stop me enjoying life with my family.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information