dear sirs or madams,

after 6/7 years taking a drug that my doctor said was non-addictive i have successfully stopped using it. it's been 11 days since my last daily dose of 40mgs (2 tablets of 20mgs). i hope my experience will help others. please feel free to email me if want to.

-----

saturday, i take my last dose.

sunday, mild panic.

monday, mild to moderate panic.

tuesday, increasing moderate to severe panic, nausea and a mild feeling of desperation, hand/leg tremor and "whooshing" sounds every-time i turn my head. also noise, any noise seems to annoy me. i decide to stay in bed (eating nothing all day).

tuesday night, i have a "red hot" sweat and cannot sleep, the nausea is getting worse, the "whooshing" is also very bad now, i get very very agitated as the tremors get worse and spread to most of the body and i wander round the flat trying to do "things", not exactly sure what "things", but anything seems to help. by 5am and i'm totally *******, oddly i decide to have a bath. this i find calms me down enough to sleep, but only for about 2 hours.

wednesday morning, the shaking has now become so violent that i am unable to get dressed, but i'm so scared and so desperate for sleep that i actually walk naked to the nearest chemist and buy some sleeping pills, nobody in the shop bats an eye-lid. i somehow manage to return "safely" home and after taking a tablet, go straight back to bed.

i slept until friday morning, when i awoke i felt completely different. since then i have had only very minor "whooshing" sounds/nausea and panic. some days are good and some are bad, but mostly good.

apart from the very unpleasant withdrawal symptoms i suffered over the last two weeks or so i definitely feel much better not taking the prescription antidepressants.

kind regards to all,

colcol.

if i am half the man my father was, i am a man indeed...