Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: School & being away from the home.

Re: School & being away from the home.

well done for going in I hope things continue to go well for you
    Take care

bless you,,bless you,,totally irrelevant i know,,i can be your friend,,,if you want,,,i had a daunting time at school many many years ago,,,in those days, home schooling wasnt an option,,,but it is today, and we have to move with the times,,if ever you need to talk,,,contact me hun,,,,

regards

julia,,aka jools

you have got guts well done for not running away be proud of yourself! xx

Thanks everyone.

I still dread school and am worried sick about going out of the house but at least I'm trying new things out. It's my birthday tomorrow and I don't think that I will be able to go out for it - my dad's mum is also coming up from southern England tonight and my dad wants me to travel to Manchester (from Runcorn) to pick her up but that seems like quite a big distance to be in a car for me.

Love, love. x

Hi Britain

Firstly a massive well done for going to school. I'm an old fogey but I can remember having problems myself with school at times but I'm so glad I persevered and carried on going.

It's so important to try new things. Happy Birthday for tomorrow! Do try to go out somewhere. Could you compromise with Mum and Dad and pick somewhere you'd feel comfortable then maybe stay for a short time?

Driving from Runcorn to Manchester does seem a long way when you havent been out much. I would give it a try. Maybe take an ipod and listen to your music as a distraction. Remember nothing bad will happen to you.

Let us know how you get on.

lex

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
    (Herm Albright)

Hi,

Being in the same boat myself, I completely empathise with your situation. It's really hard to know what to do, and judging from the posts this issue divides opinions. I really think that the answer is relative to your personal situation...indeed, I don't think there neccessarily is a specific answer. You have to do what you think is best.

I sense from your posts though that you are very set in your ways- anxiety can make you like that. I find I sometimes react quite badly to suggestions from family members beacuse I feel 'You have no idea how hard this is for me!' But don't shut them out- or their suggestions. You need people, even if you don't think you do.

It's your life, and you can do what you want with it, but don't allow your anxiety to rob you of living your life to the full. I'm trying to overcome my anxiety every day, and although it's a long process I know that I don't want to live my life dictated by fear.

Ok, some Q's (you asked for it! )

Are you seeking help for your anxiety/depression?
    Can you see yourself getting better?
    What do you want to get out of life?
    Do you realise that you can (and will) get better if you choose to do so?

Please don't just accept your situation as given. You can do something about it if you're willing to try! Don't give up!

Best wishes

Hi again,

Sorry, I didn't realise there were so many pages of replies, so I was replying to your original post! Doh!

But well done for going in- I know how hard it is, I've been through exactly the same thing. If this is what you want, keep pressing on.

Big thumbs up!

(And weirdly I'm doing the dog walking thing too, starting at the bottom and working my way up)

(Also realised I sound a bit scary on my last message. I'm not really, I just don't want you to stop trying.)xxx

Hello,
    i'm having the same problem as you now, so i don't have much advice. Very Sorry.

I was wondering if the school has been working with at all while you have been going through this?

School was very helpful. They let me work away from class in the library and they said that I can go in and out of lessons as I want. Now, though, I am out of school (as I have been for 2+ months almost) and I was supposed to be given tuition by the education board. My therapist is going sick at the people that are supposed to organise it because we haven't heard anything from them. The school were very helpful at first but not so much any more.

Are you seeking help for your anxiety/depression? ~ I get therapy and psychiatric help.
    Can you see yourself getting better? ~ ...yeah. I can but it's scary getting there.
    What do you want to get out of life? ~ I want someone to love and someone to love me. I want a daughter, a nice house and a nice girlfriend. As long as us three are happy, I'm okay with it.
    Do you realise that you can (and will) get better if you choose to do so? ~ soon? Not soon, no. I've been like this for 3+ months. I still fear going back into school.

Love, love. x

It will happen soon, i have been like you for 3 years, but i didnt get the help that your reciving, my school didnt help, they forced me. It may seem like your not getting very far very fast, but when i look back to when i was first diagnosed, i know i am much better!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information