Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: School & being away from the home.

Unhappy School & being away from the home.

Good evening.

I have missed a lot of school recently due to my suffering of stress, anxiety and depression (all three diagnosed by a doctor). I have been off for the whole of this week in hope that I will calm down and be able to face school again on Monday.

My parents are planning on taking me out tomorrow so that I can get a taste of the outside world again and hopefully relieve the worry of going back to school. All I want to do is stay at home where I am comfortable and happy. I can't stand school at all and I don't like being around most of my family let alone outsiders. I am extremely afraid of going back in on Monday and I have no idea what I can do about it.

Any suggestions, advice or just nice comments will be greatly appreciated. Feel free to ask questions also.

Thank you.

I've finally replied. Sorry for not replying for ages but I took a rather long break from NMP. Thanks for the posts everyone.

Love, love. x
    Last edited by Sterling; 09-02-10 at 11:14. Reason: To notify users why I was gone.

Re: School & being away from the home.

I got major panic attacks at school because i was stressed with home life and i got depressed alot, i suffer with bad anxiety. I left when i was 14 and im 16 now and if it wasnt for anxiety or panic etcetera i'd be fine. It has taken over my life dont let it take over yours. Im sorry i couldnt help much good luck hun x

Ruby

Question Re: School & being away from the home.

Thanks a lot for your reply, Ruby94.

I don't understand why I can't just stay at home and have school work sent to me for me to do at home. It would be so much better and easier and I would live life in such a happier way. How did you manage to leave school at fourteen?

Love, love. x

Hi i sufferd terably at school due to bullying ect i was a very sensative and anxious child.I ended up skipping classess makeing up false illneses just to stay off.Got to admit now when i look back i regret it all i wish i had of stuck it out as i would have leanrt more and gained some life skills and mixed with other people.If you confine your self that will become your comfort zone and you will start saying mabyee next week i will go and it gose on and on and on did for me for 3 years.Know its hard but i think once your there and talk to others,get into a conversation with someone about something you both like you will find you ease up.

Preaching over ha ha this worked for me anyway good luck youl be fine

[FONT="Comic Sans What is it about school that you do not like Britain ? Have you suffered with bullying or is it something else? .Its part and parcel of life !having to do things which we dont like much .It isnt good to be isolated at such a young age ,you need to learn social interaction as well as learning different subjects .All this ,helps equip you with life skills youll need when you are a young adult .Most things are never as bad as we imagine them to be when we suffer with anxiety we think of the worst .,Unless your parents are willing to teach you themselves at home ,I dont think there is any chance of you being educated at home .The best advice in that case is to make the most of it and do as best you can ..Everyone is good at at least one subject ,im sure you are no different ..Try to accept you have to go and it wont be that long before you will be looking for work ...That can be a daunting experience without a good education ,especially nowadays .Good luck and try not to worry about it .. Take one day at a time ...Sue
    MS"][/FONT]

I hated school and truely believe this is where my anxiety started. For this reason as soon as my youngest son told me he too hated school I removed him and educated him at home. I just could not bear the thought of him feeling the way I did every morning before I went.
    This is not about not wanting my son educated, he gets a good education at home and can still take exam's if he wishes, it is about wanting my children to be happy.
    My oldest two children were both happy going to school and have both gone onto university which makes my husband and I very proud but we are equally as proud of our youngest son who works just as hard at home. He just needed to do things differently.
    I hope things work out well for you. Happiness is what we should be striving for.

i left school at fourteen and regretted it for the rest of my life i missed six months due to just wanting to be at home then was signed of then just couldnt go back, had all sorts of people involved. i just wish i had known what i no know and taken the bull by the horns and gone back as i found if i was there one day the next was easier if i missed a day it was harder to go back. i had work sent home i was at a grammar school straight a student but my work was forgotten not marked and i was slowly forgotten and as soon as i was sixteen that was it i was no longer there problem, try and fight it you will appreciate it one day i have no gcses but a brain it is a waste. also you lose friends and become lonely and you stop meeting new people which is not good for anyone. hope you can beat it if ever you want to talk or ask a question message me. good luck with your future xx

Thank you everybody for your kind responses.

I don't have anybody that I consider a friend and I do feel rather lonely. Being at home is what makes me happy and I've pleaded to my mum about letting me stay home because I know that I will be happier at home than in school. My mum works at a primary school teaching classes and as a special needs teacher and my dad used to be a teacher in a college yet neither of them like the idea of me being home-schooled. Home-schooling would be the perfect option for me, in my opinion - I well-and-truly am not bothered about not having friends and not learning certain social skills as I plan on working from home in IT when I am older anyway. Home is where I am happiest:- school is where I am least happy.

Love, love. x

Do you know why your parents are so against you being home schooled?
    Is it because they fear you will hide away and not meet people?
    We all need social skills and yes, friends.
    When we took our son out of school we made sure that he continued to have many out of school social activities. He has recently started his own business and has to deal with people every day so social skills are very important.
    I think you have to discuss this more with your parents. Home schooling can work. It is something more and more parents are doing but it does take a lot of hard work.

lc2613 there is no reason why you can't take GCSE's now. Just because we leave school doesn't mean we can't still learn. Many people who did take GCSE's at school go on and take more qualifications once they leave school. As you say, you have a good brain.

I'm okay with going to people's houses and people coming to mine and I don't mind going a short distance around my house but going away for long periods of time where I won't be enclosed and with people that I am comfortable with makes me sick with fear.

Love, love. x
    Last edited by Sterling; 29-11-09 at 11:38. Reason: Added "Love, love. x" as I was on an Apple iPod Touch last night.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information