Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: School & being away from the home.

Re: School & being away from the home.

lc2613 there is no reason why you can't take GCSE's now. Just because we leave school doesn't mean we can't still learn. Many people who did take GCSE's at school go on and take more qualifications once they leave school. As you say, you have a good brain. [/QUOTE]

i havent taken my gcse,s but i finished a child care practice course and have started an open university degree in youth studies so yes it can be done i just feel my fear and anxiety got in the way and i missed out on so much and lost a lot of friends through it and once your out of the system its hard to get back in and meet people i think it can really affect a persons confidence. my eldest had a really bad experience at his previous school i was going to take him out as i did not want to see him upset day in day out but i changed his school and he is like a different child and am so glad now that i didn,t take him out. i just believe there are so many more pros to mainstreame school but it is great that you have your son in activities it is so important it sounds like you have an excellent balance and are a really understanding mum.x

hi
    I've had my daughter home from school for just over a year she suffers with severe anxiety and school phobia both diagnosed she will be going back to school full time next week she has been to visit and they went quite well. I think maybe you could speak to your doctor or school nurse about your anx our school nurse gave us lots of info on how to deal with the anx while in school. It might be possible for you to have a home tutor provided by your local LEA. I don't know if you've been refered to your local CAMS team if not that might be worth looking at.
    Try not to worry about going back in after been absent just take it lesson by lesson day by day.
    Take care

Thanks for your reply, spaced.

The doctor has said nothing about school and we haven't spoken to the Connexions woman at our school. I really want to be home schooled but my parents just totally dismiss the idea and say that I need to be "normal" (even though I don't like the idea of normal being me suffer every single day). I don't know what a CAMS team is and we haven't been referred to them as of yet.

I do worry about going in. I think that I am being forced in tomorrow and I really don't like the idea of it. I'm sick with fear from going back - I hate it.

Love, love. x

Hi Britain

My Panic attacks/anxiety also started when i was at school.
    Please try to stick it out though hun because trust me when i say, home schooling would be the worst thing that you could do because your fear of the outside world would intensify, potentially making your situation alot worse.

Do you have a guidance teacher that you could perhaps confide in? Having someone at school who you feel comfortable with would be a benefit to you.

I think you are being very brave and please try to push yourself as much as possible because you are very young and if you fight it now, then your teenage years can be fun and exciting like they should be.

Best of luck
    Lisa
    xxxx

Thanks for replying, Lisa.

I hate the teachers at my school and I have zero friends. I'm on the verge of breaking up with the girlfriend because her and I don't communicate and because she seems not to care about anything that I am going through at the moment and there's not one person in my school that I completely trust as of yet. I don't feel comfortable at all when at school. I only ever feel comfortable at home when everything is available should I need it (toilet, food, drink, family, etc.). I've tried to force myself to go into school but it just breaks me inside and I feel like just giving up on life.

Love, love. x

hi CAMS is the child adolescent mental health service I think it would help if some one connected to school know how you were feeling although my daughter is due to go back to full time mainstream school next week the staff are already aware of her problems as it was the school nurse who sign her off in October 2008. She has been at a school since september but a referal school (it's a small school with no more the 6 in a class and alot more relaxed) they've been working on her confidence and self esteem to prepare her for going back to school. As a last resort I am willing to home school my daughter but I would really like her to go, I'm her mum and I'm dreading her going back but it's the best thing for her so I'm just praying things go as well as possible for her, giving her all the support and reassurance I can.

I think your parents should talked to someone at school so they are aware of whats happening and see what help and support you maybe be able to have at school. If your attendance continues to be a problem then the ESW educational social worker will be involved.

I know how hard things must seem at the moment but they are things out there that can help.

I hope when you do go in that things aren't too bad for you lets us know how it goes it will be hard at first but will get easier.
    Take care

Unhappy Re: School & being away from the home.

Thanks again, spaced.

My dad's coming into school with me tomorrow morning and talking to the head of upper (we have an uppersite and a lowersite at my school) and we'll see how things go from there. I am REALLY dreading it and don't want to go in AT ALL.

Give your daughter a hug from me and wish her luck, please. Congratulations on helping her work her way back up. I hope that all goes well for you both.

Love, love. x

I hated hated hated school it was torture every single second waiting for the bell, every morning waking up petrified.......
    But you what helped? I went to a councillor and my doctor and they contacted my school, so I would go to school but did not have to stay in the classroom, I was allowed to leave when ever I wanted to.
    so that really helped.
    I did skip a lot of maths class's because the teacher made feel nervous.
    none of the students questioned why i wasn't at half my class's I assumed they thought I was just being defiant.
    make sure you have lots of support :-)

Thanks for your reply.

I only have to go to lessons that I feel comfortable with but it's no so much the lessons themselves but the whole idea of school. I hate being away from the house for any longer than 5 minutes and school is in the next town over and for six and a half hours. I can't stand it at all. >.< Argh!

Love, love. x

are you agoraphobic? That's my main problem.
    honestly the only cure i have found is to keep going out! even a few days of not going anywhere then makes it harder for me to go outside.
    the more you avoid the smaller your comfort zone gets and soon you won't be calm anywhere.
    I know it isn't easy but you need support, like doctors, therapists, friends, online friends,
    if you haven't done so talk to your doctor, if you find that he doesn't get it and he's not helpful try a different doctor!
    you have to keep pushing! don't give up, try reading some helpful books.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information