Thread: New wave of anxiety

Red face New wave of anxiety

I've been suffering this new wave of anxiety the last few months. Basically the inability to cope with the anxiety and life but it's the anxiety telling me I can't cope. I find myself getting worked up extremely easy. I keep getting flashing negative images.

Sometimes out of the blue it stikes me down and I feel I'm losing my mind and it's almost impending the feeling. The feelings lately I feel are me but they are not. It's almost like the negative thoughts have got such a hold of me.

I'm unable to distract or block images out. But when these going mad phases strike me down it scares me as I don't feel in control my adrenaline is high and the anxiety is off the roof sometimes I can't find the trigger. My mind says "I'm ever closer to losing it" "Each knock back is sending me down the worse road and won't cope in the future". I would even say it spoils me feeling happy or doing pleasant things at the moment.

I don't known if it's just been a bad year, or if it's distraction problems. It's just like an impending feeling, doubt, fear and sometimes I'm stuck had nights with no sleep, on my last job I phoned in sick as I felt out of control, panic attacks come on suddenly. It's just a weird mix of anxiety and ocd. I find it hard to explain the feeling. Any positive thoughts I look to the future I see this MASSIVE anxiety bubble...oh but the anxiety and just see misery after that.

Will there be more waves? I'm fed up feeling like this.

Re: New wave of anxiety

It may be worth going back to see your GP, even for reassurance that your not going mad.

Thread Information