Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Convinced I have ALS / MMD - Scared!

Re: Convinced I have ALS / MMD - Scared!

Quote Originally Posted by Cell block H fan View Post
    Geez, well I assume its quite rare??? In which case I really dont want to add that to yet another worry lol
    Google is risky. I still get HA, but nowhere near as much or as bad as I used to when I was googling & reading magazine articles.
    I miss the magazines, but its just not worth me buying them. I'm certain I would of 'had' a lot more things by now. Life is better this way lol
    Yes it is rare i believe 1 or 2 people in 100,000 people can suffer with it, there are familial types too that can be passed down that increase your risk, men are more at risk than women i think but it is even more rare to get it if you are under 40 but some neurologists believe that extreme sports people have a higher chance of developing this horrible condition.

@ Chris - I also wanted to add that twitching in ALS happens AFTER weakness and you would notice a limb doesn't work properly not before and it is usually in 1 area and constant, not like the twitches we get.

By all means see a neuro if it will put your mind at rest but please try not to jump to other diseases otherwise this will be never ending for you.

Has your doctor put you on any meds and/or therapy?

Re: Convinced I have ALS / MMD - Scared!

Hey Gaz

Thanks for your info. I'm going to see my GP tomorrow and ask for a Neuro referral, I'm not sure he will give me one, but I'll make him know how much I'm concerned about it.

I'm on Citalopram, and the hospital let me see the emergency Psychiatrist who has referred me for psychiatric treatment, so, something good came out of the multiple A&E visits! my dose has been upped to 30mg of Citalopram, and been on that for 5 days now (5 weeks in total), starting to feel a bit more normal today, so maybe it's starting to have an effect.

Will let you know what the Dr says tomorrow.

Cx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information