Thread: Palpatations and artificial sweeteners

Palpatations and artificial sweeteners

Recently I have become suspicious that artificial sweeteners definately bring on palpations and i'm 99.9% sure now that i'm right. I've also seen some info about this on the net (sorry can't remember if it was on this site or another).

The last few days and settled back on beta blockers my palps haven't been a problem at all so I decided to take a chance and try something... Each day i've drank a couple of very large glasses of diet caffeine free coke and without fail each time the palps have started very soon afterwards.

I know you may think that I could be 'bringing them on' by looking for them but i'm absolutely sure that this isn't the case.

I would advise anybody who suffers Palps to not drink or eat anything with artificial sweeters in to avoid bringing on symptoms.

Hope this helps somebody out there.. palps are such a real pain.

Mand x

Re: Palpatations and artificial sweeteners

I also think that fizzy drinks can cause ectopics. There seems to be a definite link between palpitations and gas for some people, especially people who have reflux.
    Myra

Yeah ive heard that too myra... i dont suffer from reflux though. I will have to try some flat drink with artificial sweeteners to see if it has the same affect

Great post Mand i suffer and will deff try avoiding them x

Nope.. I drink artificial sweetners in massive amounts..sometimes I get palps but I drink them all the time all day long..because im not suppose to have that much sugar..I have been using them for years .. and well unless they affect some people don't affect others maybe you are correct for you.. I would be in far worse shape drinking the drinks and eating things I eat without the artificial sugar. .But hey if it works for you then maybe you are correct. Michael

you may be on to something, a bit ago me and my partner started using canderel in are tea instead of sugar and wella i had a full night of palps! ive stopped using the sweetner and i have had no palps ....

Two days ago I was up town and thirsty. I bought Robinsons Fruit Shoot...drank it. I am not happy about taking aspartame due to another condition but it said no artificial this or that so I drank it. Should have checked the ingredients

It had aspartame and acesulfame K as well as Phenylalanine which I know has been linked to several diseases ...anyway I had no idea about the contents. About 20 mins after drinking this stuff I had a long run of ectopics and felt shaky and panicky. Now I wonder if these ingredients could worsen things.

Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.
    And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.
    And how else can it be?
    Kahlil Gibran

Thread Information