Thread: Do Ectopics cause pain afterward?

Do Ectopics cause pain afterward?

Don't know much about Ectopics yet, but I've noticed that when I have a sudden panic attack, that it often then feels like my heart skips a beat (perhaps an Ectopic), and then my chest starts hurting, and hurts for about 4 hours afterward.

Is that sort of standard symptoms after an ectopic? Because maybe I'm experiencing something else.

I may have myofascial stress or Costochondritis.

Thanks for any info.

Re: Do Ectopics cause pain afterward?

I dont think ectopics should cause pain for 4 hrs no.. sometimes it may give you a ache for a few seconds... It could be chest pain from anxiety itself though?

Mand

The best person to ask about this is your g.p. You'll probably get an e.c.g. which I'm sure will put your mind at rest. If it's stress then I can only imagine it is caused by tensing your shoulder and chest muscles and that's where the pain comes from. I take ectopics but don't have pain, just an uncomfortable feeling for a short while. Ectopics are so common with anxiety and the more you worry about them the more they happen. Check it out with your doctor.
    Myra

I've had an e.c.g. the last major attack I had (had to go to emergency room). They didn't find anything (except a small nodule in one lung). They completely ruled out heart attack based on bloods (2, 6 hours apart).

I think it must be the myofascial inflammation, because it happens after a long day of strenuous physical activity involved those muscles. The thing I hate is my panic attack reaction to the muscle pain. There's hardly ever any blood pressure anomalies; BP and pulse are good. Meanwhile, though, my shoulder and high upper chest hurt for hours or days; also I get dizziness and cognitive impairment. Could be from being dehydrated and needing electrolytes replenishment after a day of hard labor.

Thread Information