Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "snap out of it", "pull yourself together" ...

Re: "snap out of it", "pull yourself together" ...

You can't really expect people to understand things they've never experienced for themselves, but it is annoying when they don't seem to even try.

I find a well aimed "Duh! I would if I could! Do you think I ENJOY feeling like this?!" works fairly well
    .. followed by "Congratulations on Not Having A (beeep) Clue!" if it doesn't.

It's best to have some fun with it

Lol, yes I've had this. I've been told on a couple of occasions to just "sort it out" by my b/f.

And I have said "Do you really think I would have let myself suffer with this for 14 years on purpose?"

He doesnt understand, he does try to but its frustrating for both of us. To be honest I am thinking of giving him something to read just so he gains some level of understanding. Does anyone have any suggestions? He's not a "book person" so I dont want to give him wads of information, just an overview so at least he has a rough idea.

Would it be ok for me to use the stuff on NMP do you think? Would he get it?
    Last edited by Lilith1980; 07-01-08 at 12:26. Reason: spelling
    If I could speak words of water,
    You would drown when I said
    "I love you."

Wow Phil who is your Gp ? wish i was in his catchment area LOL x
    my new doctor and nurses are nice and want to help but i appreciate it is difficult for them to understand.
    Just got this book on a specific phobia and i'm going to give to my husband and family to read in the hope that it might explain some things to them
    fingers crossed x
    Richie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

thats the one thing that gets me snap out of it like saying jump to the moon lol just relax and chill with nice music

If we could snap out of it we would. Nobody WANTS to feel so crap!Excuse my French! What an idiotic, ignorant, unthinking, insensitive, thick thing to say to anybody! Oh it makes me SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO mad!

Yep it makes me mad.
    Why on earth would we choose to feel/live like this if we had the choice.

I'm lucky I have a really supportive family around me. My friend had a nervous breakdown and her family were so horrible to her. Her mother in law just didnt understand - until a few years later when she was really unwell. Doc told her she was suffering with anxiety - she is completely different with my friend now.

I wouldnt wish anxiety on anyone but it is true you'll never fully understand it unless you suffer from it.

dont worry your not alone i think everyone at some point has been told that!

Every day, i wish i could if i had all the money in the world i would hand it straight over to be free.

hiya yes i have had it off my mumand nan saying your not doing anything to help yourself your making yourself worse get all the thoughts out of your head.i say to them how can you say that to me when none of you no even no what its like

I think it limits who I would talk to about how I feel. I did make the mistake of sharing my feelings with someone who is not very sympathetic. Everything becomes about this person so all I got was "I have bad days and just get on with it" - a bad day to this person, is nothing like the days many of us have. The most hurtful thing came last week. I had the 24 hour heart monitor on and this person just laughed, thought it was some kind of joke as though I was anxious about the palps for no reason.

So...the person wonders why I don't bother telling much about how I feel

Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.
    And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.
    And how else can it be?
    Kahlil Gibran

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information