Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I wonder if any Psychiatrists read our posts

I wonder if any Psychiatrists read our posts

Sorry but I am a strange person in that I just blurt out random things in my head.

I was just thinking, I wonder if any psychiatrists ever read our conversations out here and what they think. I hope if they really thought I was crazy that they would try and reach out to me or anyone else.

Re: I wonder if any Psychiatrists read our posts

Very good thougt

nothing strange in wondering that... makes me wonder now too xx

I've wondered that.. now you know why i don't post much (JOKE!!)

Ha Ha! I am sorry if I just gave you both something else to worry about! In my opinion, I hope they are reading - they could learn a lot from us! In all honesty, sometimes I feel I have gotten better advice on here than from my doctor. Take care xxoo

Absolutely agree with you Mya

Yes I know for a fact two that do. I ask them why not volunteer your services and they both say right now they just don't have time. Also they have to spend their free time seeing there shrinks.. lol.Michael

I think it is selfish that they have "free time" to read our posts but could not aid some people on here that do not have access to help. Yes they probably are spending that time with their own shrink. I know with mine that many times as I am listening to her, I feel she may be crazier than I. Another thing that puts my anxiety into a loop!

I agree with Mya. Also, someone once told me that their therapist told them to read my citalopram diary, so it does appear that some health professionals do visit the site. But why would they offer their help here for free when they can charge £25 an hour?

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

Can I just add something to this?

In all seriousness it just wouldn't be feasible having a health professional on here and I don't believe it's just about the money.
    I seem to remember reading some posts a long time ago from a doctor who offered to help out here, as fast as he gave advice, forum members contradicted him so I think in the end he just gave up and left. This was before I joined (which was a year and a half ago) and I don't think there has been anyone around since.
    There are so many of us here on the forum with all our different anxieties and phobias, we would need a large team of medics and mental health professionals just to deal with all the questions!
    To be able to help individuals they would need to have a lot of personal information to be able to offer proper advice and I just don't think it could work..I would guess that it could also have legal implications for the site if misleading info was given out.

Sorry to be the voice of dissent.

I suppose it depends on your personality as much as anything. Some people would react badly if they took crap, whereas if I manage to become a counsellor, I would still offer what support I could on NMP and if people wanted to criticise or contradict me, well let's put it this way, they would learn that only a fool tries to rouse the PsychoPoet

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information