Thread: An Irish Mothers Letter

An Irish Mothers Letter

Hi Folks dunno if this has been posted before - but I think its really funny.

Dee xx

Dear Son,
    Just a few lines to let you know that I am still alive. I am writing this letter slowly because I know that you cannot read very fast.
    You won't recognise the house anymore when you come home; we moved because your Dad read in the paper that most accidents happen within 20 miles of home. I won't be able to send you the address as the last family here took the numbers with them for their next house, so they wouldn't have to change their address.
    There was a new style of washing machine in the house when we moved in, but it wasn't working too good. I put 14 shirts into it last week, pulled the chain and I haven't seen them since!
    About your father - he has a lovely new job. He now has 500 people under him. He is cutting the grass at the cemetery.
    Auntie Maude has sent you a pair of socks she knitted, she put a third one in because she heard you have grown another foot since she last saw you.
    The coat you wanted me to send you, your Aunt Sue said it would be a little too heavy to send in the mail with the heavy buttons, so we cut them off and put them in the pockets.
    Your sister, Mary, had a baby this morning. I haven't found out yet whether it was a boy or a girl, so I don't know if you are an Uncle or an Aunt.
    Jimmy locked his keys in the car yesterday. We were really worried because it took him two hours to get me and your father out.
    Your Aunt Harriet took a flight from New York to Los Angeles last week, said it was the first time she had ever arrived somewhere before she had left. Last time she thinks that might have happened, the doctors said it was Altzeimer's disease.
    Your Uncle Dick drowned last week in a vat of whiskey in Dublin Brewery. Some of his co-workers dived in to save him, but he fought them off bravely. We cremated the body and it took three days to put out the fire.
    Your father didn't have much to drink at Christmas. I put a bottle of castor oil in his pint of beer and it kept him going until New Year's day.
    I went to the doctor on Thursday, and your father came with me. The doctor put a small tube in my mouth and told me not to open it for ten minutes - your father offered to buy it from him.
    It only rained twice last week. First time was for three days and the second for four. On Monday the wind blew so hard that one of the chickens laid the same egg four times.
    Three of your friends went off a bridge in a pickup truck. Butch was driving. He rolled down the window and swam to safety. Your other two friends were in the back. They drowned because they couldn't get the tailgate down.
    We received a letter yesterday from the undertaker. He said that if the last payment on your Grandmother's funeral wasn't made, up she comes.
    Your loving Mother,
    PS I was going to send you ten Euro's, but I have already sealed the envelope.

Dee xx

Re: An Irish Mothers Letter

That was so funny!! I could have done with a laugh. Thank you!!
    Myra x

it's so stupid u can't do anything but laugh lmao!

Dee xx

hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa dee thats well funny and thanks

thank you for making me smile today

Pmsl that's fab! I love stuff like that! Really made me laugh!!

Lisa
    xxx

lol

Hahaha thats a good one!

well funny thank you

Thread Information