Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: animals as therapy

Hi there,

I have 2 cats but i love all animals. Just stroking them is relaxing and cats certainly know how to chill out. So i think i should take a leaf out of there book!

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X

hi all
    i have a cat who follows me to school . a 8 month old German shepherd puppy and my son has a giant african land snail the puppy is hard work but they all keep me busy
    denisexx

denise

Peru83 is offline Intermediate Member
    Think I agree with that too, I have felt much better since getting my dog Jax. Don't feel quite so lonely anymore, I know it might sound daft to those of you who know me and know that I have 3 kids and a man, but I still felt lonely. With Jax however I don't. He's always there by my side (sometimes a pain when in the loo[:I]) and always lavishing me in cuddles and kisses!

True what they say, 'man's, or should I say Woman's (lol) best friend'

Take Carexx

Claire

Anybody heard the song "Dogs are the best People"? My boxer is the best when i'm not feeling so good. I had a bit of a breakdown last year and for a whole month he snuggled up with me and i felt safer and not so alone! I'm really well now but I still love snugling up with my slobery monster![8D]

"This too, shall pass"

my cat hs been the best for me as right now wiv me on my comp she is sat on my knee asleep, when ever i leave the house shes there by the door n wen i get back shes there again! i sit there n chat away to her, the scary thing will be one day if she answers me back! lol
    shes my world at the moment! shes always there wen i need a cuddle n she just cums n sits on me purin away!

kym aka kitty

my dog is amazing she senses when i'm having an attack, and won't leave until its over.
    she is so loving with me, as if she knows thats what i need at the moment.

I have always found cats incredibly relaxing but I currently live with my sister and she's allergic :(

When I was doing my GCSE's, I found it helpful to sit with the guinea pig and tell her everything I'd revised thus far. I think she liked Chemistry most but I can't be sure

Anyway, she made the stress and panic of my exams bearable. Funnily enough, I didn't need her for my A'levels.

Totally agree, ,the other day when I was having a real bad time I was so upset and there was nobody home apart from my Staffy....he seemed to pick up on my feelings and some how made me feel like he was there to keep me company, sat right next to me as if to say "I'll look after to ya" bless him!

Angie xx

I have no house pets as such, but have alot of wild birds in my garden which I feed and find so relaxing. It is sooooo rewarding to watch them eat the food I have put out for them.

Watching the birds in my garden can help so much when i'm having a panic attack! Its very theraputic!

Allie xXx

THE VOICE INSIDE YOUR HEAD IS NOT THE VOICE OF GOD. IT JUST SOUNDS LIKE IT THINKS IT IS! Cheri Huber

my cat helps me lots

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information