Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scared to Sleep

Re: Scared to Sleep

I have had this too :(
    I used to try and sty awake untill pure exhaustion took over, it sucks! But you will always wake up

Hey,
    You out there scared to sleep; just consider the need of the body for rest. In time and - with practice - what is scary now will hold no fears at all. It is in putting up a defence against allowing sleep to proceed as normal that you are creating a resistance to allowing the body to rest, sub-consciously of course, instead of relaxing down to a good nights sleep. As for focus... one spot on the ceiling should be enough to allow your mind to fix its attention on. Next thing you know will be waking from the the first of a much wanted night's sleep..... Mystically yours....

Ive got this fear.
    My mum died age 60 in her sleep. We later discovered it was a heart attack that caused her death.
    I suppose its a lovely way to die but its the ones that are left behind who are left with the horrible shock.

Laugh and the world laughs with you , cry and ? .....
    you need a bog roll. lol

I quite understand Lynn,
    Both my parents died in their early 60's and that's where I am now; quite an anxious few years ahead I'm guessing, but that's life (and death) it seems. Just get into the NOW moment and live it, seems to be the best resolution without giving the actual subject more thought than necessary. Sleep fears are high priority with a large number of ppl at NMP, so you are no way alone; I have sleep terrors and can't always be sure I'll wake up and not find myself with bruises from the night's activities? That sure worries me more than not waking. Mysticallly yours....

scared to sleep! hell I just wish I could sleep

When I get tired I have a panic attack because I think my body is shutting down and I am about to die so I freak out and try to keep myself awake. I know it's dramatic, but it's how I feel.

Hi, I have the same thing only instead of dying its of being sick, it is that a wake up in the middle of the night with a bug or somthing.

MAX

Hi there
    I have a fear of dying which is ruining my life. Used to have fear of dying in my sleep but that doesn't bother me too much now. I get really bad panic attacks and have been getting cbt and taking sentraline which I think is helping a bit.
    Can't believe there are others like me out there. Have had afear of dying most of my life.....its so horrible

Smile Re: Scared to Sleep

Hiya Scottish lass,

Nay girl, you're not the first and won't be the last to think how you do at present; the most common cause of the 'scared of dying' is a sleep disorder called sleep apnea - go look it up on NHS direct teletext or www.webhealth.com Both are helpful when your fears are focused on dying in sleep; most often it is the birthing process or so my consultant told me and he's a top man in his field which is neurology and sleep disorders; he lectures in America so must have a reputation to match his postion over here as a top teaching professor at Nottingham University. Am sure you'll be fine once you know the reason for your fears; a good book

is "Panic Attacks" by Christine Ingham and it can be got quite cheaply thru' the NMP bookshop and the Amazon link you'll find there.

NMP Nic knows my fears match yours so she also knows I only want to ease them some for you.

Mystically yours.... Stu in Nottingham.

Lexi;378987 I have had this too :(
    I used to try and stay awake untill pure exhaustion took over, it sucks! But you will always wake up.
    Last edited by Mystical; 26-01-09 at 02:05. Reason: Typos

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information