Thread: Strange Taste in Mouth

Strange Taste in Mouth

Hi, I keep getting a really strange taste in my mouth, I dont know how to describe it, but it isnt nice, it seems to coat every bit and my teeth, it will last a few days and then disappear for a while only to come back again.

Please does anyone know what this could be, I am going out of my mind with worry.

Rachel x

Re: Strange Taste in Mouth

Hi Rachel

You may be dehydrated - are you drinking enough water? Alternatively, anxiety often makes our stomachs produce more acid, which will give you a nasty taste in the mouth.

You might want to make an appointment with your doctor, who will be able to reassure you.

Might be worth a trip to the dentist too. You haven't got slightly tender gums as well have you? Could be a bit of Gingivitis (gum disease) I had that before & the taste was awful. A weeks antibiotics & special mouth wash gets rid of it if that is it. x

I get a really bad taste in my mouth when my anxiety is really bad, and have been told it is the adrenalin it's kind of like a metally taste.

Haven't experienced this myself, but I was just talking to a friend who said she had this taste in experiences when she was very scared like her driving lessons. It could well be anxiety.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetpea6 View Post
    Haven't experienced this myself, but I was just talking to a friend who said she had this taste in experiences when she was very scared like her driving lessons. It could well be anxiety.
    Hi, sice Tuesday I feel my stomach is "working"...my bowel movement is 2x per day in these days (normal is 1x for me) and I feel my tummy....my appetite is a bit lower...my husband has it as well...BUT i have a biiter taste in my mouth....i dont know if it is normal for some stomach infection or for maybe dehydration...this week is 33 C here..i try to drink a lot but...does anybody experience bitetr taste during some stomach bug etc.? Thank you!

I get a bad taste in my mouth when I'm anxious. I think it's acid reflux related. My whole mouth feels so grimy.

Thank you...now just looking at the med i took..i had 3 pills this week of imodium..which contains loperamid hydrochlorid..known for its bitterness how i knew from the web...so may be this is the cause

Thread Information