Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting diagnosed

Getting diagnosed

I am going to the doctor tomorrow (if i make it there!), for the first time about my anxiety as i have always been too intimidated by them to share much, as i have had some very patronising ones and they just make me nervous and run away hehe..
    I was wondering what i should say? I always forget things whenever i get there and can't sort of express how difficult everything is. I don't go to the doctors so i don't even know what to expect or what help they can provide (part from drugs which i will not go on unless i'm dying hehe) ..
    Any suggestions?

Re: Getting diagnosed

I had the same problem and it took me a couple of different drs to find one who listened. I found the best thing to do was write down exactly how you feel. Tell the dr how difficult you find it to express and you have it written down. A good dr will listen to you and will also look at what you've written.

Good luck!

I have an appointment to talk to my doctor on the phone today to explain my anxiety symptoms for the first time - Although I'm feeling pretty nervous about the whole thing and keep going over what I should say, at the same time I'm somewhat looking forward to being able to at least talk to a professional about it and hopefully get some feedback.

Anyway, good luck! Hope it goes well.

Thanks guys I am not managing to leave the house today and can't get a telephone appointment until next wednesday so have rearranged till monday when my partner can take me Good luck too xx

Just spoke to the doctor, and he's asked me to make an appointment to see him next week. I have a feeling he's just going to want to throw some medication my way (which I really don't want!) but at least it's progress.

Well done Ikari. They might not give you meds. The dr I spoke to didn't want to give me medication. Tell them that you want somethng else and maybe you could ask for counselling? Good luck x

Good luck :-) xx

Im going to my doctor today about my health anxiety as i really cant cope anymore. Im dreading it x

When I went to the Dr the first time with my syptoms I wrote them down. She read them then straight away said you have GAD (general anxiety). She prescribed me my first of many meds there and then. Some Dr's know what to look for and mine seemed to see I was anxious straight away.

Good Luck for Monday, I'm sure you'll be fine

I went to see the doctor.. she printed me out some stuff and told me to ring a number for some nhs psychology thingy, not quite sure hehe! Am just waiting for them to ring back :-) xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information