Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: blip again, wish it would stop!

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Re: blip again, wish it would stop!

Well it looks like the diazepam is doing its thing - it will make you feel a bit sleepy till you get used to it - and the PAs should hopefully start to lessen. How long has your doctor put you on it for? Do you not think the trazodone is also helping?

Keep smiling Yvonne - I think you're doing extremely well.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Quote Originally Posted by Melancholia77 View Post
    Well it looks like the diazepam is doing its thing - it will make you feel a bit sleepy till you get used to it - and the PAs should hopefully start to lessen. How long has your doctor put you on it for? Do you not think the trazodone is also helping?

Keep smiling Yvonne - I think you're doing extremely well.
    Hi Melancholia77,

Thank you for your encouragement, very much appreciated, thanks.

my gp has given me one weeks, as she is thinking of putting me on another anti-depressent for long term, as Trazodone only works with helping me to sleep at night, though it dose not work as well as it did, I've been on Trazodone for a very long time. I have been reduce from 150mg to 50mg slowly, I had problems getting up for my kids in the morning, the higher dose, cause me to sleep in. I found it hard to stay awake during the day.

50mg does not cause me to get tired, still trying to work out in what way is it helping, not found out yet what it is doing. I still get sucidal, and very low mood. I can only see it helps with sleep. the rest of it , is me working on my low mood, being positive. lot of hard work. I do my best to keep me busy.

knowing that anti-depressants take about 6 to 8 weeks to work, I do so hope that I dont have those horrible panic attacks after this week of diazepam.

Yvonne

Hi,

Since being on diazepam, I've been sleepy, up to last night, I feel calm, though I still feel panicky before I take diazepam in the morning, plus during the night back to waking up in the middle of panic attack. well at least during the day, things have been alright.

I have not manged to study, hopefully I can now, as I'm not so sleepy. I still get panicky when I'm in the kitchen cooking, washing the dishes, I do not run, I carry on doing the cooking or washing the dishes, I wish the panick attacks would stop. my friend keeps telling me they will stop eventually. I know they stop when you do the breathing exercise. I have only started back cooking since being off the citalopram, I could not do that while on citalopram, too shaky then.

it would be good to cook without the panic.

Yvonne

Quote Originally Posted by yvonne_uk_98 View Post
    Hi,

Since being on diazepam, I've been sleepy, up to last night, I feel calm, though I still feel panicky before I take diazepam in the morning, plus during the night back to waking up in the middle of panic attack. well at least during the day, things have been alright.

I have not manged to study, hopefully I can now, as I'm not so sleepy. I still get panicky when I'm in the kitchen cooking, washing the dishes, I do not run, I carry on doing the cooking or washing the dishes, I wish the panick attacks would stop. my friend keeps telling me they will stop eventually. I know they stop when you do the breathing exercise. I have only started back cooking since being off the citalopram, I could not do that while on citalopram, too shaky then.

it would be good to cook without the panic.

Yvonne
    So things are slowly improving - that's good - at least you're not going backwards. Keep going and don't let the PAs stop you doing stuff. Your body will soon get the message if your brain starts to accept things, instead of the usual battle. The panic can't harm you and as soon as body and mind accept that you'll find it easier. In time the panic should subside. I hope your doctor has a good replacement for the diazepam, but the breathing and learning to detach yourself from the panic/anxiety is the best med you can get - in fact better.

Keep doing all the things you enjoy and don't forget that you've done very well so far and will continue to improve - even if it's frustrating and slow. Keep posting!

Best wishes

Never Surrender, Comrade

So things are slowly improving - that's good - at least you're not going backwards. Keep going and don't let the PAs stop you doing stuff. Your body will soon get the message if your brain starts to accept things, instead of the usual battle. The panic can't harm you and as soon as body and mind accept that you'll find it easier. In time the panic should subside. I hope your doctor has a good replacement for the diazepam, but the breathing and learning to detach yourself from the panic/anxiety is the best med you can get - in fact better.

Keep doing all the things you enjoy and don't forget that you've done very well so far and will continue to improve - even if it's frustrating and slow. Keep posting!

Best wishes

Hi Melancholia77,

Thank you for your encouragement and advice, very much appreciated. This morning I woke up at 6.35 am, I had a good night sleep, got a busy day, first going into town to get my son new shoes, then help him pick new clothes, as long as he does not take forever to choice, that will be good.

I have a driving lesson this afternoon, weather permitting it wil go ahead, I hope so, as this is a double appointment lesson this time, I kept some Christmas money to book a double appointment lesson. I'm looking forward to it. this gives me a confidence boost.

After that I will be going to do my weekly shopping, My friend comes with me, she gives me support when I am out shopping. my friend helps me to complete my shopping trip, as when i go my self, I end up feeling very ill, have to stop to get out of the shop asap.

plus some of my childhood memories have came back up. got to pray and deal with it. one of the ones that I had forgotten about.

I will one day talk about it, when I'm ready to talk about it. yuck, going to get ready. off out. I let you know how things go today later on, after I have done the seminar through uni when I get back. hope I can focus, I managed to read 1 page and a half of my module last night. it's a start. need to read the whole module, then the next one.

I have two modules to do. 2 assignments to do. plus get extentsions.

Yvonne

Hi,

Praise God that my son did not take too long in the shops, he mangaed to get himself new pair of shoes, some clothes, my panick attacks started, they were awful, enough to make you sick. though I continued to do the clothes shopping with him. Then we came home, made it home intime for driving lesson, I was still panicky through my driving lesson, though managed to came down, cause my mind was taking off my panick attacks. going through dual carrage way, got my speed up to 50mph, this was scary, though a good challenge. When I came home, I started to panick all over again, I took a diazepam which help to calm me down. Praise God.

put food shopping off until tomorrow, I have had a long day, do a bit at a time. got a counselling appointment tomorrow, looking forward to going tomorrow.

Went to seminar online at uni, put my contributions in, though I'm behind, I feel at least I says something this time. still got 9 parts to do in the seminar. hope to God that I can contribute in some way.

going to have a peaceful evening, hopefully. try read some more of my modules.

Yvonne

Hi,

did not have great sleep last night, work up at 3.00am, tryed to get to sleep, been waken since then. now to stay awake, got an appointment with my counselor at 11.00am. At 12.00pm, going to do my food shopping, hope I can stay and do a full food shopping, it would be great. then after that, got to go to my dad's with his shopping. spend time with my dad, then go home. Praise God diazepam takes the edge of the panick attacks and my bad anx. got meetings to attend, got a busy week ahead of me.

going got to go, book taxi to counselor, it is still too slippy outside mine, once i'm in the town its alright there.

let you know how today goes after I've contributed to uni seminar.

Yvonne

let you know how things go today. plus got the uni seminar to contribute too.

Yvonne

Hello Yvonne

You seem very busy at the moment getting a lot done - well done for that. Having all this anxiety and managing to lead an active, normal life is a big challenge and we must take each step slowly and carefully. Make sure you don't push yourself too much because your state of mind is far more important. Pace yourself and if you feel you've got one or two important things done, give yourself a break and a rest - and congratulate yourself for having done it. You may have panicked when you went shopping with your son but the important thing is you got through it, you coped.

I'm feeling a bit low myself at the moment and have increased my medication. We all have our moments.......

Very happy that you're still doing well....

Never Surrender, Comrade

Hello Yvonne

You seem very busy at the moment getting a lot done - well done for that. Having all this anxiety and managing to lead an active, normal life is a big challenge and we must take each step slowly and carefully. Make sure you don't push yourself too much because your state of mind is far more important. Pace yourself and if you feel you've got one or two important things done, give yourself a break and a rest - and congratulate yourself for having done it. You may have panicked when you went shopping with your son but the important thing is you got through it, you coped.

I'm feeling a bit low myself at the moment and have increased my medication. We all have our moments.......

Very happy that you're still doing well....

Hi Melancholia77,

Thank you for your encourage meant, I hope you feel better soon, Thank you for being beautiful friend and wonderful at supporting me. You are amazing.

Well today, when I went to counseling, we discussed things about my mom, this was quiet upsetting, then we did some relaxation, it was fun. after that I went into town and went for a cuppa, as I started to panic, I forgot to take diazepam with me, all day today I had a panicky day. when I went shopping with my friend, though my panic got worse, I had decided to stay in the shop and continue to do my shopping, even though my panick got worse, I was looking for my friend, then she re appeared, I let her know that I was panicing. and she waited until I was finished with my food shopping, then we both went to the check out. I was pleased that I had done it, and for once I was alright about it being finished, and not panicking to get out the door. Praise God.

though when I got home, I took diazepam, then eventually I started to calm down, it felt good to be home, and be calm. I have the drs tomorrow at 2.00 pm, thank good ness it is much later than in the morning.

let you know what the dr says tomorrow. hope I get a good night sleep.

the senior lunch club has been cancelled cause of the weather, thank goodness, I knew it would be cancelled, you can not ask senior citizens to walk in that slippy snow.

I have a meeting on Thursday, at least I can take a break tomorrow, however I am going for lunch with my friend. time to ourselves and time to catch up.

let you know how things go tomorrow. if you need to talk, I'm here for you.

Yvonne

Yvonne - sounds like the diazepam is making a difference for you. 2mg is a fairly low dose, but the fact that you are taking it 4 times a day will help to take the edge off it. I have 5mg tablets, which I take as and when needed - sometimes I take just half a one. They aren't a long term solution but they can get you through a rough period. Stay strong and take care of yourself!

Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information