Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: blip again, wish it would stop!

Re: blip again, wish it would stop!

Quote Originally Posted by Logan_Five View Post
    Yvonne - sounds like the diazepam is making a difference for you. 2mg is a fairly low dose, but the fact that you are taking it 4 times a day will help to take the edge off it. I have 5mg tablets, which I take as and when needed - sometimes I take just half a one. They aren't a long term solution but they can get you through a rough period. Stay strong and take care of yourself!

Hi Logan_five,

Thank you, Yes diazepam is working for me. I seen my gp today, she has put me on Sertraline 50mg, and she says that I to start reducing the diazepam and start taking the Sertraline, that I can take the diazepam when I need it until Sertraline starts to work.

Plus I have been reading a lot of information about personality disorders, found that a few of the disorders suite me to a tee, I took the test, a good few times, then printed the results. When I was seeing the dr today, I showed her the results, then she let me know what my phychristrist says that I have personality disorder. Wish he would have told me about it. though it is good to know now. I asked the dr to try and get me some leaflets as there is not enough information for Dependant disorder. There's quiety a few others, there information for the rest of them.

Does anyone know can I take Sertraline in the morning. I take the rest of my meds in the morning, except for trazodone.

going to make dinner, going to take diazepam after I have made the dinner, I want to know if I'm less panicky when i make the dinner. If I take the diazepam before then, I will not know.

let you know how it goes later on this evening.

Yvonne

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Hello Yvonne

I also take sertraline 50mg. I take mine in the morning as it can interfere with sleep if you take it in the evening. You shouldn't have a problem reducing the diazepam as you haven't been on it for long or on a very high dose.

I'm feeling a bit better thanks. I've upped my dose of sertraline from 25 to 50mg and feeling a bit spaced out, but apart from that, no other side effects. Let's hope it helps us both........

You sound much more positive and happier Yvonne. Keep it up!

Never Surrender, Comrade

Quote Originally Posted by Melancholia77 View Post
    Hello Yvonne

I also take sertraline 50mg. I take mine in the morning as it can interfere with sleep if you take it in the evening. You shouldn't have a problem reducing the diazepam as you haven't been on it for long or on a very high dose.

I'm feeling a bit better thanks. I've upped my dose of sertraline from 25 to 50mg and feeling a bit spaced out, but apart from that, no other side effects. Let's hope it helps us both........

You sound much more positive and happier Yvonne. Keep it up!

Hi Melancholia77,

Thank your for your encouragement, very much appreciated. Glad your feeling a bit better, yes I hope Sertraline works for us both. time I got home from shopping, I have decided to start the tablet tomorrow morning with the rest of my meds.

As I cooked dinner, I didnt panic, I was shaking, this was not a panic attack, I got so nervous cooking. to me it was a nightmare, I stuck it out, I did it, though I took diazepam afterwards, as I was panicking towards the end off cooking. I did my breathing exercise through cooking, when I went into a panic near the end of cooking, my panic was not as bad.

I found out at counselling, that when your panick attack is starting very small, thats your breathing changing, and something in your head has trickered the flight or flee, though you are unaware of it at first, when you start to feel the small panic starting, this is when you start to do your breathing excerise. try not to wait until your panic attack is in the middle, thats why it takes a bit longer to stop. The next time this happens, I'm going to give it a try, and let you know how it goes.

For the seminar at uni, I have decide to concentrate on my studies and get assignments 2's started, I have a lot of reading to do and to catch up. I tryed last night to contribute, it went way over my head. I am going to email my tutor to let him know. plus I managed to do the letters to defer my course and for study time lost. all I need to do is post them, do that tomorrow.

today I finally up graded my bank account, now I've to let everyone know that my account number has changed. I will let them know tomorrow, I will do some at a time. I have the blood clinic to go to in the morning, my dad been asked to go and see his gp, My dad has been suicidal, very depressed. I know what my dad's wishes are. I sorry to say, that I'm glad I was not there to hear what he had to say, cause I have heard him talk about severval times, I ended up in hospital because of him talking in this way. even though he told me on the phone today, I was so releifed that I was not there to hear it. I know this terrible, I should be supporting my dad, it's very hard to stay positive when my dad's talking like this. I hope he doesent, I know this is one of his wishes.

now to get back to being positive, I hope I have not put anyone down reading this. I am sorry if I have.

got a meeting tomorrow to up-date-website, looking forward to this, I type and the director tells me what to put on the website. I have to ask her something about getting help for these personailty disorders. I will let you know how this goes.

got a few emails to answer, going to check the web to find more info for the personality disorders, so that when I go and see Pyshcartrist, I will have the info and the results from the test to show him.

Yvonne

Hi,

this morning when I got up, I thought I had slept in for my appointment, I dashed around getting ready, once I was ready to leave, before going out the door, I went and checked my mobile phone for the date, that's when I noticed that my appointment was not today, its next week. phew, glad I didnt need to go out, as I thought, then my dad phoned me, and asked me to help him get to the drs.

I helped my dad go down to the drs, his gp gave him anti-depressant, later on my dad asked me doese these anti-depressant work, I says yes they do, and I tryed to explain, then my dad says that he was not going to bother taking the tablets.

that's his choice, he will propably forget and take his meds. once the dr has put it in his dosette box, he will take them.

I helped my dad with his shopping, then I went to my meeting, was meant to be updateing the website, however the accounts need to be update and fixed of errors. I have taken the accounts home, got to up date these accounts and find the error.

walking to the bus stop, I started to get panicky, the panick attack was very short, I crossed the road to get away from the icy and slippy pavement. Praise God that when I got accross the road, the pavement on that side was not slippy. my panick attacks came and went as quick as they came. this started since 5.30pm.

during the meeting, trying to find out what happened to the amount of money that we could not find, I was begining to doubt myself, my thought pattern started to be negative, how could I have missed such a big amount, I shouldnt have given the accounts to someone else to do, when I was not well enough to do. before the meeting finished, found where the missing amount of money came from and where it went. then found out that it was not my fault, it was the person who took over while I was not well.

I'm losing concentration, can not focus.

Yvonne

Hi,

today was a bit panicky, though they were not many, I did the breathing exercise as soon as my panic attack was a small flutter, this helped to prevent it becomeing a full blown panic attack. I had panic attacks on and off today, felt like someone know the panic button to press. I had good morning with some friends from our womens group called Women on the move. I went and picked up my dad's prescription, did some shoping, I felt panicky in the shop, was only in and out of the shop. went to taxi stand and got a taxi to my dad's house, I was glad to get in, then I had to get my dad's dirty washing together, soap powder and goto the laundrette room at the shelter housing. put his washing on, then went back to my dad's waited there for the 40 mins the washing get done, then back over put in dryer. Once that was done, I collected my dad's washing, I phone home to ask one of my kids to come down to their grandads, so that i could have help going home. as it is still icy on the pavements were I stay.

I had a ok sort of day, though a bit panicky, I managed to keep it under control. now I'm so tired, been up since 5.00am this morning. I wish I could get back to a proper sleep pattern. I propably will one day.

going to go for a sleep, so tired. it's saturday tomorrow, can have a long lie in, though I dont know, if I'm going to get a good night sleep, or some sleep. I hope I get a good night sleep.

Yvonne

How you doing on the sertraline Yvonne? I've been very spaced out and tired today - hope it's just temporary. Depression is easing though.

Glad you're still managing to cope. Keep yourself busy and you'll be fine. What subject you studying?

Never Surrender, Comrade

Quote Originally Posted by Melancholia77 View Post
    How you doing on the sertraline Yvonne? I've been very spaced out and tired today - hope it's just temporary. Depression is easing though.

Glad you're still managing to cope. Keep yourself busy and you'll be fine. What subject you studying?

Hi Melancholia77,

day 3 on Sertraline, I think so far no side affects, I dont know if its doing anything, though takes time to work. I'm haveing arguements with myself, I get suicidal, wanting so much to self harm or o/d.

I am studying Theology level 1, I had to cut my course from part tme to doing the 2 modules that I am doing, because of lack of funding.

I did not have a long lie in today, i was wakened from 4 am, I'm getting tried, my dad phoned me, and he wanted to go out for the day and he asked me to go with him, I went with him and I took my youngest son with me. we had a good day. thank goodness that My dad girlfriend didnt do her back seat drivng. when we got back to my dad's, we watched a flim, I was supprised that I managed to watch a film, except for when I could not focus. I watch most of it, which is a change for me. I had lost all interest in the televison.

I'm so tired, gong to go to my bed.

Yvonne

Quote Originally Posted by yvonne uk 98
    I'm haveing arguements with myself, I get suicidal, wanting so much to self harm or o/d.
    That could be a side effect when first going on sertraline. I hope once it kicks in you'll start to feel better though.

Quote Originally Posted by yvonne uk 98
    I am studying Theology level 1, I had to cut my course from part tme to doing the 2 modules that I am doing, because of lack of funding.
    Well, at least you keep yourself busy. Education can do you no harm....

Take care and keep going - you're doing very well.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Hi Melancholia77,

Thank you for your encouragements, very much appreciated. I went to church today, the churh is planning a play, I have put my name forward for the play, we will not be doing the full play, only part of it. Practice starts a week on Tuesday. I need to keep busy since these modules will soon be coming to an end.

I have been having dizzy spells, since starting Sertraline, at first I did not link the dizzyness to the tablets, I had to think about it, then I linked it to Sertraline, I hope this time it wears off. I dont think I could go through that again.

I have been wakened since 4.30am this morning, I'm getting tired, wish I could sleep right through to 7am, that would be good.

oh negative thought parttern, need to go and do something postive, hope To God I dont act on it. let you know how things go.

Yvonne

Hi,

Day 5 on Sertraline, had a few dizzy spells, gettng up slowly, making sure to be careful. I had a few panic attacks today, plus my anx was way too much, I took a diazepam to help calm me down.

my gp phone to let me know that we had to re-arrange the appointment, going to see her on Friday after noon. Now need to find someone to do my dad's washing on Friday.

My friend is going home soon in Feb, I'm not looking forward to that. I had driving lesson, my instructor was very pleased with me, now I to decide what to happen next for next week. I think I would like to practice more left reversing before moving on to something else.

I have a busy week ahead of me, got tidying up to do, its house inspection tomorrow. I dont like the house inspector, he can be very moody.

getting tried, need to do the bathroom, and the rest of the living room, got the my kids helping. then got some studying to do before going to bed.

I have an appointment tomorrow, though the inspector is coming, he will have a pass key to get in. Maybe one day I will be able to stay in and be calm with no panic attacks. usually when I leave he arrives just after I have left the house, really weird. I have in the past stayed in for him, I dont feel very comfortable when he comes, because of his moodyness, I dont cope to well with it, I feel better when not being there. Yes I know, I'm avoiding the issue, have horrible thought partterns etc...

Yvonne

Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread Information