Thread: feeling low

feeling low

Hi all,
    feeling really down at the moment. Been trying to hold it together but to much has happened lately. first my friend dying, which im not really coping with. then my husband has been told he will be made redundant in january. which has gotten him down alot so ive been trying to be positive for him and reasuring him things will be ok. and he's been telling me that i should really learn to drive so i can get a better job. which yes i can see his point. im not happy at my job but atleast its a job at the moment. finding it hard enough doing school runs and going to work or out in general , so the thought of getting behind the wheel isnt exactly a top priority for me. maybe im over reacting but i just feel like im not good enough or contribute enough. feel so useless....

twigs

Re: feeling low

don't be so hard on yourself just now. Hubby is probably sounding off because he is worried in general. It sounds as though you do plenty for your family so don't be forced into something you don't want.

Veronica

Hi Twigs,

School runs (so you must have kids), going to work, and more than likely running the house etc too. You obviously do contribute and not learning to drive doesn't mean you are not good enough! We all have our roles to play which are every bit important as the next person. You are having to deal with a couple of big upsets at the moment, which are not little things to try and deal with but big whoppers!!
    Would you like to learn to drive? You could see it as a positive in the future, don't feel it has to be done just so you can get a better job, there are many other benefits to being able to drive and then you might not feel so pressured.
    Don't feel useless, because you are NOT, you are doing ok!!

thanks for your replys.
    i know he's very stressed at the moment and he means well. and he knows how miserable i am at work so he's only trying to help. yeah i would love to be able to have a regular job and not having to work to gone midnight. but with my son at school and the fact i dont drive this is about the only job i can have right now.
    and im probably gonna sound really silly for saying this but the thought of getting in front of the wheel terrifys me.

twigs

I hope things start getting better for you soon. Best of luck hun xx

Don't worry abut the driving that will come. Could you try for a job at the school? Not sure where your talents lie.

I'm a qualified care worker. i used to work in a nursing home looking after the elderly.
    but since we moved here 2.5 years ago, i havnt been able to find any care work. not in a specific home any ways. there plenty of agency ones but they all require driving.
    the school doesnt have any jobs going. they did have lunch lady job a while back but its not enough hours really.
    thanks for all your support!!! i do feel a bit better. sometimes things just get a bit much.

twigs
    xxx

Thread Information