Hi, after posting a comment in this section called therapy for the person called woblin, I would just like to outline the therapy I had.

I found the therapist through www.emofree.com, I decided to check the therapists out in the U.K. and searched for the one's with a website that I could view. I found one, so took up the courage to give it a call. The man was busy, so he took my number and said he would call me in half hour. Dead on half an hour he called me back.

I told him that I have been suffering from PTSD for almost five years, and it had totally ruined my life. I was a bit surprised that he didn't want to no what causes my PTSD, but I thought ha, just go along with it.

He then started to explain the method involved with EFT. Thought it was a bit strange at first. Has he also mentioned that I may feel a little silly doing this, because this is way beyond most peoples normal view of therapy. However he did say to me, which struck a cord "Why not give it a try for 15 minutes, all that would happen is that you would have had you PTSD for almost 5 years and fifteen minutes"

I then had to make up something called a setup statement. My statement was if I can remember went something like "even though I have ptsd, I forgive myself and anyone else or has contributed towards it, I forgive myself even if I don't get over it" I had to say this 3 times while tapping my hand, the part that you would do a karate chop. Then I had to tap begining of eye saying "this ptsd" side of eye, under eye, under nose, point between lower mouth and chin, collerbone point and finally under my arm.

Sorry before I did that, I had to think of what causes my PTSD and while thinking about it, give it a score out of 10. 10 being high intensity 0 being no intensity. I told him my PTSD was of the scale, but he just said we call it a 10 then.

After doing that weird tapping I was instructed to go back into the PTSD event and test the score again. This time something had changed, don't ask me what, just didn't feel the same. I mentioned my score felt like a 4. We then did some more tapping, that then went to a 2. By now I thinking holly F...

Then he had me point my eyes to the floor and slowly raise them to the ceiling. Asked to go and replay the event. I managed to go through the whole event with no intensity whatsoever a big fat juicy zero.

It was only when we completed that he asked what caused the PTSD event, I then told him in more detail about the car crash, you guessed it, No intensity.

I tested this morning by going out in my car, where I normally am tense, as you can imagine. This time, I had no sign of tension at all. Very relaxed, no dry mouth or sweaty palms.

I am not saying this is the best form of therapy, but its the only one that has managed to remove all the beat up emotions that I had. The car crash memeory is still there, the movie he calls it, just a movie with no emotion.

Does this mean I can get back on with my life, I don't know 5 years is a lot of lost time. Like the therapist said would I be willing to trade the some 10 minutes it took to have 5 years of PTSD. You can guess what I said.

James