Thread: Some advice please?

Some advice please?

Hi everyone. I'm new here but am in need of some advice.

So a little back story first. I am always full of worry.
    I'll worry about the silliest things, the smallest things.
    I'll sometimes get so consumed with worry I'll get angry, and short fused with people. I work shift work which is extremely stressful and I can't switch off at home or outside of work. I went to the doctor and he prescribed me these citlopram tablets and told me to go for a blood test. But looking at these tablets and through some googling, I seem to think these tablets are more to do with depression than worry and anxiety. I've taken the first tablet today, but I really am in two minds about taking these tablets. I don't really see what they can do for me.

So I ask you for some advice, should I be taking these tablets? Will they help me?

Thank you for any advice offered.

Re: Some advice please?

Hi there

Welcome to NMP

Alot of anx meds are used for depression too. The medication i am on (Venlefaxine) is also used for depression but it helps alot towards my Anxiety because both seem to be related.

If i was you, i would try the meds but remember they do take some time to take effect.

Best of luck
    Lisa
    x

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Re: Some advice please?

If anxiety isn't treated and persists it can lead to varying degrees of depression. Many people with depression also have some degree of anxiety, so sometimes it's difficult separating them.

Your doctor has done the right thing by sending you for blood tests to rule out any other causes for your condition. Citalopram is also prescribed for anxiety as you'll see if you read through the forum. It's first-line treatment anyway, since the days of prescribing benzos like Valium are pretty much over now.

Remember that there are good and bad experiences of every drug out there. Keep with it and I'm sure you'll start to feel better.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Thread Information