Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: worried about rheumatoid arthritis

Unhappy worried about rheumatoid arthritis

Have bad joint pains , had blood test at GP and she said it may be mild rheumatoid arthritis and to come back if joints swelled or went red.
    My joint problems started about 16 years ago and have only had 4 flare-ups, but each time its been dismissed until now. My blood results were mildly positive rheumatoid factor and esr 28.
    My first blood test 16 years ago showed mildly positive rheumatoid factor but then it disappeared until now.
    I am going to go back to gp after xmas but its hard to cope with the pain and im afraid it wont get better this time...

Re: worried about rheumatoid arthritis

Have you thought about changing your diet and/or taking supplements? I have heard that certain foods cause inflammation of the joints in sufferers. Perhaps you could try cutting out certain foods, one by one, and recording your reactions.

Hope this helps.

I have R.A have had it since i was 21. It is controlled well with medication which means i can function well. There is loads of new meds coming up which help massively even for acute R.A.

Some people feel that some foods affect it ie red meat and chocolate. Some people say the sun helps it, i found neither changes it!!

Dont worry, if it is RA it is controllable. An esr of 28 is high but not massively high, my nans esr was once 68, and that was low for her! xx

i Have spinal arthritis and it has flared up pretty bad the last few months cos pf the cold. I really recommend glucosamine sulphate. I started taking it a few weeks ago and i havent had as much as a twinge since.
    Its produced naturally in the body for lubricating joints... avaliable in the health shop in tablet or gel..cant be taken if allergic to shellfish

Unhappy Re: worried about rheumatoid arthritis

Still in alot of joint pain and finding it soo hart to cope with, also feel very depressed.
    have started taking omega 3 fish oil - hope it helps.
    Have aptment with gp in january, will ask to be referred to rheumatologist.
    I think ive probably had mild rheumatoid arthritis for years but i seem to go years inbetween flare ups , does anyone else have this.

Please can anyone advise ...

Have made an appointment to see GP about joint pains but not until 11th January.
    Feel soo depressed, some days joints are not to bad but other days they are really painful.
    There not red or swollen just painful.
    I feel like my life is over...

Is there anyone that can help , im so stressed and at my wits end!!! Thanks x

In so Much pain still. Gp says may be mild rheumatoid arthritis , dosen't feel mild to me !! Have aptment with gp on 11th January.
    As ive said in prevoius posts have had flare ups before , but they usually get better after a few weeks and then im ok for quite a while , often years.
    I feel so scared !!!

Hi, ive been having really bad joint pain for the past few months and my ankle is badly swollen although i havent done anything to it. I tested negative for ra but ive got an app with a rheumatologist in the morning because im getting worse. Im looking forwardto finding out whats wrong so it can be treated but im dreading it being something bed..
    If you ever need a chat pm me...
    Sarah x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information