Thread: god im pissed off

god im pissed off

wow i am pissed off right now! my family are nice, don't get me wrong but sometimes they just don't understand me at all! they are very familiar to the fact that i have an eating disorder but continue telling me off at tea for not eating a sufficient amount. today they all had a full size chinese but pretty much belted me for only eating a bit. you think at the moment your family members would be a little more understanding but oh well. i guess they just will never understand!

Re: god im pissed off

im sorry their are giving you hard time bbe but it sounds to me that they just dont know what to do or how to help you they will struggle to understand bbe but they do care

Are you receiving professional help for the eating disorder Monkeyman? At least you ate something so well done for that.

Veronica

It sounds like they're worried about you and want to help but they're not sure of the best way to go about this. I know what you mean, I have difficulties with food, sometimes I just can't seem to make myself eat anything, and my family don't understand. Try explaining it to them and if you can't do it yourself, look for a book or some online professional information you could give them to read to help them understand. It is really difficult being around people who are stuffing themselves merrily when food is such a big source of anxiety for you. Measure your own achievements by your standards, not theirs.

Thread Information