Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feeling Hopeless

Feeling Hopeless

I am on ciprelax 10mg, I have heard that they usually start to work after about 6 weeks, but I have been on my meds for 2 months know and dont feel any better.

I have had panic and anxiety for ten years and used to always fight it, but know don't have any fight left in me. So as a last resort I turned to meds, and it seems that they are not helping either. I don't know what to do know I feel depressed again. There seems to be no light at the end of this tunnel:(. What can I do?

Tan

Hi Tan,

Have you tried upping your meds hun?

Maybe they are not the right meds for you, I know I had to try a few before I found the ones that suited me.

Just never give up hun, we all have that light, sometimes it just seems a bit hard to see, but it is there, and you will find it.

Pm me if you ever need a chat.

Take care
    Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Tan

It could be that you either need to wait longer - the doctor told me to give it a good 6 months before I felt any benefit; or you need an increased dose or as Trac says you are not suited to them.

I started off on Dothiepin and moved to Prozac but neither helped the panic/anxiety so I gave them up in the end and concentrated on other ways of getting better becuase they just didn't suit me.

I hope things settle down for you soon but it may be worth asking doc about maybe increasing dose or changing meds.

Nicola

Thanks guys.

About 7 years ago I was put on two differnt kind of meds as well as beta blockers, but they really made me a lot worse. So I swore that I would never go on meds again. It has taken a lot for me to finaly concede to these meds, and the main reason I gave cipralex a go was that it has the least side effects of these meds. And due to the bad experiences with meds in the past, I am really scared to try other. :(.

I just want my life back......I dont want to live like this.

Tan

Hi Tan
    I am sorry that u not feeling too good just now - here's a big HUG

I had a bad experience on meds years ago and was reluctant to try any meds again. But speaking things over with my gp helped and he reassured me and encouraged me to try something different this time just to ease things a bit. I was happy that i did they did make a difference and they knocked the edge off enough to give me back my fight. I am now coming gradually off them and i am ok. It can take a while for them to kick in but you have done it before and you will do again.
    Take care Tan
    Life is full of little blips
    Darkangel x

........life is for living not just for surviving

Hi

I am on Citalapram - closely related to the med you are on. It took absolutely ages for 30mgs to work and then it still was only taking just the edge off. My dosage has just been increased again.

I would visit your doctor and tell him that you are not getting much benefit yet from the med. He may decide to increase or may ask you to wait a bit longer. I know how frustrating it is when you are waiting for the meds to kick in.

Anyway wishing you well. Let us know what you decide to do.

Yvonne

Y Goble

hi tan,
    sorry to hear you're not feeling well. i cant really give any advice on meds cause im not on any. but i know its hard to fight this and feeling like you dont have any fight left. but even though its hard you have to keep fighting, you cant let this thing get you down. im positive you can do it.
    sorry i cant be of much help but if you need to talk im just a pm away.
    hope you feel better soon,
    Twiglet xx

What other help are you getting/doing apart from meds ?

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Thanks Everyone

Meg at the moment I'm only on meds....nothing else.

I have had CBT and group therapy in the past, so the hospital is reluctant to send me on another course.

Hi tan

i know what you are going through I am in a similar state at the moment the doc has upped me to 20mg like you I dont think they have kicked in yet. I am learning to talk about it do you have a confidant if not mail me and I will listen to you. The hospital just started me on group therapy im hoping cos like you I want my life back depression is horrible. Keep fighting mate and we will beat this bloody thing

keith

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information