Page 1 of 106 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily diary of anyone and everyone. Want to join?

Daily diary of anyone and everyone. Want to join?

Hi,
    when I used to use here before, a few of us used to congregate here in Misc and talk about our daily stuff. What was making us anxious, what was helping, what was happening in our lives, what was making us depressed, making us happy etc. We gave support, we gave advice, we gave telling offs if necessary!
    I made a few friends through here. People who helped me immensely when I first became unwell. They are all still special to me. One in particular, whom by chance just ,lived a couple of miles away from me! I regard her as one of my closest friends now.
    Anyway, the daily diary sort of got disbanded. I thought it might be an idea to try another one where we could share all this stuff. Not as a seperate from the rest of the board, but as well as. I feel I don't know anyone anymore and I wish I did.
    SO.......I will start with me. I am Happyone. So called cos that is what I wish to be. When I first started using NMP, I was diagnosed with anxiety depression. When I failed to respond to treatment, I was later diagnosed with Bipolar Mood Disorder. I am much much better in health than I was but I am still searching for the elusive stability. I fluctuate in moods, sometimes wildly. Anxiety is one of the mood states I experience regularly. I get anxious when depressed and also when high.....so unless I am stable it is a bit of a bu**er!
    I would really like to get to know some more people and hopefully we can all cheer each other on

Happyone
    xx

I've been through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.
    —Mark Twain

Re: Daily diary of anyone and everyone. Want to join?

Hi happyone

I do remember your diary from ages ago. I didnt use NMP for a long while and when I came back you had all gone! I thought maybe you were all feeling loads better and didn't need the forum anymore.

How are you doing these days? I'm glad to see youre feeling much better. I'm agoraphobic by the way though not housebound now.

I hope this diary idea takes off as I think it would be good to gain the extra support. Count me in .

Lex xx

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
    (Herm Albright)

Hi there Slothette,

nice to speak to you. I too came in and thought "where is everyone". It is great that people have moved on if they are well. This board provides a great source of support for people on that journey.

I am glad that you are no longer housebound with your agraphobia. That is progress to be celebrated I am not agraphobic in what would be understood in the most usual terms. However, when I am ill, I become reclusive and going outside and associating with people varies from difficult to impossible, so I have a bit of understanding.
    Yet, the strange thing about about me and my moods, is that I can at other times feel positively claustrophobic and need to escape!
    When I am well, I have no bother going out but I have never recovered enough to be confident around strangers or crowds.

I suppose the big question at this time of year is what are you (and anyone who wishes to join thread) doing for Christmas? Does Christmas pose any difficulty for you? I am going to my mums for Christmas. There will be 11 of us there and it is causing me great anxiety. However, I am looking forward to my girls and Christmas morning.

Happyone
    x

I've been through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.
    —Mark Twain

Hello. May I join in? Good to meet you happyone. I like your positive name.

I have reactive depression, anxiety, PTSD, agoraphobia, social anxiety and panic attacks. It's been going on almost 10 years now. I do have intrusive suicidal thoughts which are hard to deal with. I manage to drive to my parents and my daughters, otherwise I'm pretty much housebound except for walking to our local garage/shop when I can make myself. I have a psych. CPN and an Advocate and am on loads of meds. My only income is incapacity and industrial injury benefit. My little grandson is my joy who gives me reason to keep going.

I'm here this morning because I just laid out the Christmas presents to wrap. They look a pathetic pile and I'm feeling low. I'll be alone Christmas morning while my OH works. We are then going out for Christmas lunch with my parents. I'm anxious about this already, especially as they booked at an old stone restaurant with low beamed ceilings without asking me if I'd be OK. Being closed in there with noisy people and everything happening around me will set off flashbacks from my PTSD. I'll have to take extra meds to go. Boxing Day we are supposed to go to see my Aunt who's in a Nursing home on the way to my daughter's. Neither might happen as I've had words with my daughter and she doesn't want me there at the moment. I have no heart to send OH shopping, so it may be fish fingers for Boxing Day. If we don't go I will also miss seeing my grandson on his 1st birthday on 27th.

So I'm depressed enough to have spent yesterday in bed. The presents won't be wrapped today and I've not sent anyone cards. I don't see the point. The meaning of Christmas has been lost and it's just a commercial racket now.

Hi Maddie and Tetley, nice to speak to you both.

Maddie, you sound like you have a lot on your plate. I also have intrusive thoughts, but they mostly concern me hurting another. I generally get myself in such a state I get put into hospital. However, the last couple of times I have been unwell, I have manged to remain at home, so this is an achievement
    On a practical level Maddie, are you not entitled to at least some level of DLA? Has your cpn or advocate suggested it? I get it for care and mobility. You can get it for mobility if you take panic attacks outdoors, that is why I do.
    I am so sorry you are feeling low about Christmas. It is such a huge event that produces such anxiety in people.
    You say that you will need to take extra meds to get to your Christmas do? It might not feel like it, but that is you managing. You have looked ahead and worked out what you will need to do. I will have emergency med on me just in case too.
    I do hope you and your daughter will sort your differences and you see your grandson.
    Don't worry about not sending cards. One advantage of having been not too well at times over the last few years is that most people I know just get a Christmas email or text

Tetley
    Hi i will join in as much as i can got my nickname because i love tea not because of the beer lol
    Yeah yeah......I believe you! I am a bit of a tea jenny myself
    I am so sorry you are going through a bad time but happy you have support. It can be so wearing eh?
    I can imagine how it must feel without your kids. Mine are only 11 and 6 and sometimes I long for peace and quiet but I am going to hate it when they are up and away. I am even dreading my eldest going to high school next year.

Well....this evening I have had a couple of glasses of wine (tsk tsk....I am supposed to abstain) and have awful heartburn as a result.
    I have had a really busy day. I even went shopping which I never do at the weekend, never mind this close to Christmas. However, we were at my hubs brothers who lives walking distance from a big shopping centre. We left the car at his and walked over. I kept picking things up and handing them to my hubs "Get me these for Christmas!" which he did! Now I have to let him know I would like a surprise! LOL!

Happyone
    x

—Mark Twain

Well I am going to my daughter's tomorrow. I've wrapped and am taking all the presents in case she still does not want me there for Christmas. I have to drive there, stay over and come back. The forecast is for snow both days and -8C tomorrow night brrr. My Advocate is arranging for Welfare Rights to fill out the DLA forms for me, thanks happyone.

When I took her to university there was a woman on the radio reading a poem about her last child leaving home. I've always remembered the chorus which was "....and leave your clothes upon the floor, even shout and bang the door...." I had tears streaming down my face along the M62! I know just what you mean about the silence, Tetley.

I'll be back Wednesday. Hope you all have a good couple of days.

hi
    im not sure this is a good day for me to join as well on a downer but i thought it would be nice to share my christmas here too...
    i will be working this year and i am not looking forward to it one bit..
    but i have everything in place and am cooking roast dinner for some of my kids...and then off at 5pm to sleep in... my eldest and her partner is going to stay the night to have my youngest.
    i will be around on here though to hopefully keep anyone company who is lonely or feeling down...
    i have come so far since ive joined this site ...(this is just a blip i know ).
    look forward to hearing from you all...
    plan is to clean tidy and get all the little jobs out of the way today and tomorrow so i better buck myself up soon.
    rach
    x

Hi. I had words with my daughter tetley and she told me not to go back. I'm going today to try to make peace. I leave in two hours if I can stop shaking enough to drive.

Hello bluesparkle. At least you have evrything in place. I've not bought any food yet, put up thr tree or anything. It'll have to be done on Wednesday.

Well done with the shopping trip happyone!

Hope you are doing OK slothette.

Aww I hope things go ok with your daughter Maddie and she is prepared to have you there. Christmas is probably the most difficult time to not have family/friends around you so I hope everyone manages to cope alright.

I'm Lucinda and I'm 21. Christmas is going to be the usual with my parents, my older sister (24) and my parents' friends and their daughter. It's quite stressful because my parents stress unnecessarily about making lunch on a normal day, so Christmas lunch preparation is a particularly stressful experience. Also, as I've mentioned elsewhere, my IBS means I can't enjoy much of the Christmas food as I can't eat chocolate, cake etc. or large amounts of food in general and Christmas seems to be a time of eating unnecessary amounts.

I am starting to feel better. My mood is more stable and I feel like the panicky mess in my head is starting to clear. I'm not sure if I'll consistently feel better but since I've seen the doctor things have been improving. I don't feel like I did before, I don't feel able to cope that well outside of the house, but I can hold slightly more coherent conversations with people.

I hope other people are doing ok today, only 4 days to go till the big day...

hi guys, i would like to join this thread also if i may - ive been on here on/off for a few years, and im currently doing really well, even though my actual life situation is poop - it seems with me, that when the shit really hits the fan in life i can actually cope - i wish wish wish more than anything that my situation wasnt the way it is, but ive made loads of progress in the last 18 months and i really feel i can survive anything now, i know some of you guys are feeling really down, but you can feel better in the future, it wont always be so bad? just want to say how well you all are doing considering you carry around this burden of depression and anxiety - its very very painful to live like this, so hugs to anyone who is struggling, and i hope i can get some advice and support for myself to help me through what is turning out to be an even bigger battle for me that actually conquering agoraphobia/social phobia/health-anx/ocd/depressionxxxxxxxx

Page 1 of 106 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread Information