Thread: Just need some support, have been through this...

Just need some support, have been through this...

It's been quite a while since I've been on this forum but the anxiety symptoms are coming back and I feel like I'm losing control. I have finals this week and I know that a huge part of that has been what has been causing me stress but the anxiety has come back so suddenly.

I had some pretty bad anxiety symptoms on the way home from work, tight chest, dizziness, and just this overall feeling of worry about my family (stemming from an awful dream yesterday), to the point where I just wanted to start crying on the street.

I know I just need some reassurance at this point, sorry if this sounds petty but this site has been helpful for me in the past.

It doessn't sound petty at all. You are going through a stressful time so it's understandable.

What sort of things have helped you in the past??

Love Piglet

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Hi Banana, I understand fully what you are saying as I have the same symtoms and I realy hate the dizziness. I am sure I am going to fall over of faint with the dizziness but I have had anxiety that long now and never fell over or fainted. I find the best way now of dealing with these symtoms is try and get realy bussy, Read do something even though you dont feel like or sing just anything for distraction. These symtoms are horrible but beleibe me you do get better as I have in the past. Hope you feel better soon. Vernon

Hi BB

Welcome back

You seem to have one long round of exams ..

Hope these go well . You knwo these nerbes and feeling of losing control will pass as the stress passes .

You need to take extra care of yourself and your lifestyle in the meantime.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Hi

I too have been having exams. Mine were in June and my anxiety came back so bad that I really didn't think I could go through with them. I had 3 in total and wasn't going to sit them. But people said to me what did I have to lose and that I should at least give them a go. Anyway I sat them and passed one out of the three which was better than I expected. So I am re-sitting the other two in December.

It's not the end of the world if it doesn't go to plan but all you can do is just do your best and try not to worry too much about them. The sheer relief once you have sat them will be worth waiting for.

It isn't petty what you are saying because I totally understand. But I just want to reassure you that you will get through it.

Good luck

Emma x

Thread Information