Thread: Tightening, tingling sensation on top of head

Exclamation Tightening, tingling sensation on top of head

Have began suffering with head tingling and tightening which is very irritating and feels aweful. Some have mentioned sinus related problems.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinus_headache

Sphenoid sinusitis - can cause pain or pressure behind the eyes, but often refers to the vertex of the head

others inner ear and someone mentioned a particular muscle on the head that could be causing it (Sternocleidomastoid muscle).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sternocleidomastoid_muscle

Has anyone else suffered with this tingling sensation on top of the head and had any diagnoses given and what, if any, treatments are available. It has also been claimed to be anxiety related, could anyone on the forum confirm whether they have been the recipent of such sensations.

Thanks for your time.

Re: Tightening, tingling sensation on top of head

55 years and counting I have suffered with it , sometimes not everyday and sometimes everyday and then sometimes every few weeks and then sometimes for months.. and there is nothing wrong with me except sinus problems, allergies and inner ear issues..take care.. Michael

Cool Re: Tightening, tingling sensation on top of head

Thank you Michael for your response, I believe, with suffering with this myself for sometime, that it is related to the sinuses and possibly the sphenoid sinuses.

Nice to hear from you by the way.
    Gaza

hiya i can get this when im very stressed even to the point of getting a hot raised bump on my head,,it starts out as a taught tingling feeling,,ends as the raised lump which is very hot and tender,,i have to put ice on my head at times,,looks odd but does the trick lol,,hope this is of some help take care theresa

Hi Gaza, this is the kind of weird heads I have been getting for the last four months, I have had a ct scan and just be told its a sinus issue, Im going to see the GP tomorrow x

Hi, well I went to my Gp for my results and yep thickening in several sinus's however he said this would not cause the weirdness at the top of the head.......Gaz I note you mention this specific muscle, however is this not more related to the neck??....Im now desperate for answers x x

Thread Information