Thread: Bad Day Yesterday

Bad Day Yesterday

Hi

Woke yesterday feeling sick, this started my anxiety off straight away because I was worried about going to work feeling sick. Thought I would be ok though as haven't been anxious at work for some time now. So got in the car and drove off. Halfway to work felt really really sick and started to have random thoughts that I was going to crash the car and that if I go to work I was going to freak out and make a fool of myself. Pulled up at work and tried to pull myself together but people were talking to me and I felt like I wasn't all there. I went to the loo several times to be sick thinking that once I was sick I would feel better and the anxiety would go away. But no......I was scared to go back to my desk because I could feel myself panicking. But I managed to keep calm and ask my boss if it was ok if I went home because I had been sick. He said that it was fine and hoped i was ok. As soon as I got in the car to come home the anxiety lifted completely! Needless to say though I still felt ill but I could cope with that.

What was that all about? Why does the fact that I was at work feeling sick bring on such intense anxiety?

I am off work today too because I still don't feel 100%.

I just hate the fact that I have been doing fine for sometime now and then it hits you in the face again.

Sorry for waffling on.

Emma x

**started to have random thoughts that I was going to crash the car and that if I go to work I was going to freak out and make a fool of myself.**

If there ever is an next time , these are absolutely key to stop.
    You have to keep rational and take it step by step and not think so far ahead and ponder on things that will not happen. As you did - you coped well and made reasonable choices.

Those thoughts will have kept you in anxiety all day.

You take care today and lok after yourself.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Thread Information