Thread: Bizarre! Please help!

Bizarre! Please help!

Hi all,
    I haven't visited this site in awhile. I still have anxiety but it's been relatively manageable for the most part.
    Unfortunately, I have a new element to my anxiety disorder.
    A quick bit of background: I'm 32 years old, married for 6 and a half years. No kids yet. I've had anxiety, panic and agoraphobia to varying degrees for 7 and a half years. I'm a working professional and no one would guess I had anxiety to the level that I do unless I told them. I have HUGE health anxiety and my heart has been the focus for years. I have had bouts for weeks to months where I can't leave the house or only can with much difficulty though I haven't had that severe agoraphobia in over a year.
    Since July I have been working full-time. I am finding this very difficult as I seem to need a lot of downtime and get easily stressed. I am an RN though the job I am working in currently is not all that stressful, it's just time consuming. My husband does not do much around the house - he has his own business and is also very busy. For the past year and a half I have felt very unsure about my feelings for my husband. He is a wonderful man and I do love him but I can't seem to feel it - if that makes any sense! I have zero interest in sex (likely in part due to prozac). It seems the further I pull away the more my husband sucks up. We have very different interests but similar life goals. We met when I was 19 and he was 21 and we are from different countries so we maintained a long distance relationship at a very young age.
    When we married I had major doubts but I was in the throws of my disorder and since I had won this lavish wedding I thought it must be fate and I needed to go through with it. Don't get me wrong, my husband is an amazing guy and everybody loves him.
    Anyways, to get to my point, I have started becoming extremely anxious whenever he is around. So anxious that my heart feels like it will explode. I think it's because I have had many thoughts of splitting up because we just aren't really a great match. I have no bad feelings towards him but I just feel I'd be better off alone. There is no other guy in the picture. I am ok when I am not with him but I just can't stand being near him anymore and that is through no fault of his! I wish this would stop. I don't know why or how he's become the object of my anxiety!!
    Has anyone else experienced this? Can anyone give me some insight. I even called in sick for work today because I felt so sick with my anxiety and these feelings and I couldn't sleep. I don't know what to do. I am consumed with thoughts of splitting up but I know I would never find a man as good and genuine as he is.
    Please reply- thanks!

Re: Bizarre! Please help!

This is how I feel. I do love her but I hate the way I feel and would love to know why and how to make it go away!! 

I Think the best way to go is just sit down with your partner and Chat about your situation ..

If by RN you mean Royal Navy. See your GP and insist on a referral to RAF Wroughton Hospital. Wroughton will act quickly an efficiently for you but only after a referal.

Gordon

Hi again Gordon.
    I think in this case RN stands for registerd nurse.

Take care

No way, it just makes your partner feel worse about something they nor we have any control over!!

Thread Information