Thread: Sore Throat for almost 2 Months now !!! IM SCARED

Sore Throat for almost 2 Months now !!! IM SCARED

4 weeks ago i woke up one day feeling very sore and fatigued with a very bad sore throat. The sore throat got worse after few days although the body pain disappeared and it got to bad that i couldn't swallow food or liquids. I went to a doctor and was put on an antibiotic for 7 days. I took the antibiotics and it kind of got better but on the 5th day of my treatment the sore throat got worse again. So i went to the doctor again and he prescribed me another antibiotics which i took for 10 days. After 10 days i had 3-4 normal days and again i started having the very same sore throat. I was once again put on a different antibiotics for 10 days. The last dose of my antibiotics finished last week and again 5 days after im having the sore throat again. So basically i took 3 different antibiotics and my throat still hurts.

I have no fever, mono is negative, strep *swab test* was negative (i was put on antibiotics anyways although the strep was negative, not sure why?)

I have no idea what is causing and this is making my anxiety a lot worse. I just can't stop thinking about having some sort of serious disease. Is there a disease that can cause these symptoms other than strep, mono? I have no other symptoms, just a severe sore throat that doesnt go away.

Please help. Can anxiety cause this?

Re: Sore Throat for almost 2 Months now !!! IM SCARED

Anxiety can cause sore throats in some people. However, if you are really worried, you should go back to your doctor and have a word with them.

Hope you feel better soon.

Thread Information