Thread: Do you agree this is the best for me?

Do you agree this is the best for me?

Can I just ask for general advice about my situation?

I've spent the last fifteen years at home bringing up a family and apart from occasional temping/voluntary jobs, that's about it. I stayed at home a lot and with my type of personality, it's no surprise that I'm so scared of committing to something long term that takes me away from my family/home. I am so scared of facing things......

I have recently accepted a job and my doctor has prescribed Propranolol, I took my first tab last night. The trouble is, the more I read up about this drug, I don't feel it is right for me. It seems to be aimed more at physical symptoms like a racing heart. I'm not aware of my heart racing/palpatations, I just feel fearful of facing anything new and run away. My anxiety has had time to build up (my fault entirely) and I can't help thinking, I don't want to fill my body up with meds that may be unnecessary.

I'm sorry for this really long message but please give me your opinion....I want to do what's best but feel so b****y confused at the mo!:(

Jem xxx

Hi Jem,

I think if you are not sure about the tablets and no-one can give you a clear indication of the benefits of them for you then I wouldn't take them.

I did have the racing heart thing and was prescibed them but they made me feel so sluggish that I stopped. I read somewhere once that Michael Ball used to take one before he went on stage to help with nerves.

It is very common to feel nervous about returning to work for stay at home mums. We build a comfortable little world at home and are in control there. Returning to work however has lots of advantages not just the money. It is bound to feel weird at first but your confidence will grow.

What about trying some of the herbal remedies - maybe you would happier taking those, say valerian???

Best of luck hun.

Love Piglet

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

hi jem,

i agree with piglet, if you are not totally sure about it then i wouldnt take it as worring about the side effects is something you dont need, i dont read the side effects of meds anymore cos this makes me worse. i only ask my doc wot r the main ones to expect. i hav all the physical symptoms so it did help me when i was on it. but whats right for one is not right for everyone. we r all different. the decision has to be yours. good luck with your new job. let us know what you decide and how you get on. well done.xxx

take care.

ptsd sufferer.

lin x

Thread Information