Thread: Hospital

Hospital

Hello,

I am going for my first CBT session this afternoon with NHS, its at my local doctors. Just recieved a letter this morn from NHS also saying I have an appt in Dec to go to the local mental hospital for a 2 hour appt. It says my Dr has requested a visit for me but I knew nothing about this one. Has anyone else had to go to a hosptial aswell as CBT?? Bit worried about this, I will take it this aft and ask the CBT man but be good to know if you guys have had to go hospital also. I guess it will be a psychiatrist I see at the hospital but will they do something different than the CBT??

Sus, x

Nothing is predestined: The obstacles of your past can become the gateways that lead to new beginnings.
    Ralph Blum

Hi sus

I have seen a pschotherapist both through my doctor and the hospital...they do the same thing. Nothing to worry about. Sometimes you get reffered to the hospital because they may be able to get you an appointment earlier. You will find that they both work in the same way.

Take Care
    Tan

Hey Sus, hope your appointment this afternoon goes ok. Let me know how you get on, I've been thinking of asking my doctor if I can have CBT so i'd be really interested to see how u find it

Lotsa Love Becca xx

thanks guys. The CBT went ok, he told me all about fight or flight and how my body is full of adrenalin which is causing the attacks, I have to learn to be calmer (dont know how I can be anymore calm) he said not to go work till at least new year. We start CBT properly next appt. But did manage to walk all the way to the Dr's and all the way home, woohooo!!!

The letter from the hospital is apparently a mistake and he says to cancel the appt, he says 2 lots of people got my notes at the decision making meeting about what to do with me?? Will call them anyway and see what happens next.. Sus, xx

Nothing is predestined: The obstacles of your past can become the gateways that lead to new beginnings.
    Ralph Blum

Sus,

Glad its resolved now and let us know how CBT goes. We like session by session updates - share the tips

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

hi sus

great your cbt went well. it helps me to know this as i will have my first session on friday and im so anxious about it. so from what you say its not too bad. (relief). hope this treatment is helpful to you. thinking of you and so glad it went well. and glad you got the app. thing sorted.

take care.

ptsd sufferer

lin x

Thread Information