Thread: Constipation

Constipation

Hey, i'm really constipated and i havn't been to toilet in about 4 days so im really concerned and i'm starting to panic that i have bowel cancer.

Can anyone relate? do you think this is cancer?

Please reply
    Love Louise XX

Re: Constipation

Yes, I can relate.

Constipation is NOT a particular symptom of bowel cancer. It tends to be severe diarrhoea and stomach cramps.

Also - 4 days isn't a long time not to go, believe it or not. People on I'm A Celebrity....didn't go for over a week. They were all complaining about it!

Have you tried a laxative? They are safe and work well. Although PLEASE be aware that if you do, your stool will be softer than usual. This is normal, and not a sign of anything amiss

Have a peaceful Christmas xxx

Hi Constipation is a frequent side efeect of medications. In praticular any relaed to treatment to mental health problems or anxiety such as Beta blockers and blood pressure medication. Yiou should let your GP know and they will either tell you no problem or more likely try a different medication for you.

Gordon

hey there.. lots of people get constipated its normal.. if it was cancer you would have other symthoms that you simply dont have... your fine.. be happy go see your gp if it makes you feel better im sure he will say the same thing and probably add fiber to your diet its all great try not to worry to much!

When you want it
    It goes away too fast
    Times u hate it
    It always seems to last

ok, my stomach does feel a bit bloated but i dont think i have stomach cramps but im not really sure coz i do have a bit of a stomach ache. is this normal?

Quote Originally Posted by louise0501 View Post
    ok, my stomach does feel a bit bloated but i dont think i have stomach cramps but im not really sure coz i do have a bit of a stomach ache. is this normal?
    The stomach cramps are because you're constipated & you will be slightly bloated if you are constipated. But thinking you might have cancer because of it, is like thinking you have a brain tumour if you get a migraine hun.
    Orange juice, lots of it, maybe get some senecot. You must of seen the adverts for over the counter stuff you can get? Those tacky ones with the woman in the restaurant on about it to all her friends, because we all talk about that over dinner dont we
    Have you been on the booze at all this week? That can constipate people because it dehydrates you a bit. If you haven't been drinking enough fluids too, that can cause a temporary bout of it, because if we are dehydrated even slightly, our bodies take fluids from the bowel first apparently.
    Eggs, thats another thing that can cause it. Hope you get it sorted soon xxxxxxxxxx

Thread Information