Thread: Stomach bug?

Stomach bug?

Started yesterday just felt really achy and tired and very dizzy. Then as time went on into the afternoon I started feeling sick and an enormous pressure on my mid abdomen.

From there the pressure got worse and I just felt increasingly worse, I haven't actually been sick but have had diarrhea (I know I can't spell this word). Eventually managed to get some sleep on the sofa but when I work up my stomach was still bubbling and painful.

Went to bed and just woke up feeling really hot and incredibly achy. Everything seems to hurt. I don't feel so hot now I am out of bed but am still feeling sick. What is going on?

Re: Stomach bug?

Sounds like a bug of some sort. Poor you - how horrible to get this just before Christmas :(

If I were you, I'd call NHS Direct. NOT because I suspect it's anything sinister, but they'll be able to advise you on what you can take to hopefully feel better

Well I have my fingers crossed it is a 24 hour thing so hopefully will feel better today but it is just horrible. I definitely don't want to be sick for Christmas. Just feeling so hot and achy!

It'll be the winter bug that's going round. I work in a hospital and lots of the wards are closed with it, including mine. It only last 24/48 hours, but does make you feel miserable - having just had it myself!! Give yourself some t.l.c., plenty of fluids and rest.
    Myra

Thread Information