Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: skipped heartbeats, please respond soon

skipped heartbeats, please respond soon

Ok, I have had palps for about 3 years now. First round I had stress test done and echo for rapid heartrate. About 2 yrs ago, after the first of my son, I got skipped heartbeats bad and had EKG done, normal. The about a year ago, I had an EKG, 24 hr holter monitor and another echo done. Nothing significant found. So they got better for awhile, and are back, especially after Britney murphy passing. Now tonight while lying down, I have been sick for 2 days, it skipped like every 5 beats really hard. My question is, after all these normal tests, could it take a turn for the worst? After it being a year since the last one,I am starting to put myself into panic mode. Any help is appreciated.

Re: skipped heartbeats, please respond soon

I w ould not worry,sounds like anxiety I suffer the same.i can go for ages and then bingo! usually bought on by some form of stress.Do your breathing and relaxation exercises and you will start to settle.Take care of YOU.It will be ok.

Mine have come and gone for over ten years. At their worst they were almost constant and I was in tears, thinking they would never stop...but they did and now they just put in an appearance now and again and i find that the more I exercise (using the word VERY Loosely!)the less they bother me. Also Welch's Purple Grape Juice was a tip given to me by a friend on here and it really works for me....might be worth a try. My Dr said that when I had all the tests they knew that the beat was coming from a part of the heart which does not cause any problems (makes the ectopic benign). There is no reason to believe that anything has changed in your case, so please try to relax and they will ease up. I know it is easy to say and I understand how you feel as I was the same for a long time, but really you will get through this and you will get relief from them. XX

Hi,

I had another 24 hour monitor on the other day and it registered 6000 missed beats. I got a shock at the time but have been reassured that although that was more than the average person, they are still nothing to worry about and it's completely up to yourself if you want treatment. This was a cardiologist who told me this so you've got to assume they're right!! They're still going strong at the moment and yes, I'm completely sick of them, but it's just a matter of accepting them for the moment and maybe they'll eventually go. I got an echocardiogram done at the time and saw my heart on the screen and I felt really touched when I saw it and that stress was making it react differently (sounds ridiculous, but that's how I felt). It's made me really think about how I live my life and to try and eliminate stress that's due to outside influences. I've had an issue at work that I've decided I'm no longer putting up with and have taken a step to resolve it. This in itself was very stressful but you've got to put yourself first sometimes. Us anxious people tend to be dutiful, caring, sensitive people and forget about our own needs sometimes. So, yes they are harmless, a nuisance, but harmless!!
    Myra

When you say u have them strong? How often exactly are you getting them?

Every minute? Every few beats that go on for hours/days?

Also, with Brittany Murphy you have to remember there were contributing factors, like her addiction to prescription drugs, her up and down weight loss.....Anorexia is very tough on the heart.

I get these sometimes too and have let them scare me in the past but I guess as ive got older, and after many reassuring tests over the years, ive learned to live with them. Our body reacts to stress in different ways and some people never feel these missed beats at all while others feel them all the time. Its easy to think of a part of your body as the enemy when it causes so much pain and worry but as Myra says, try to think of your heart as a friend, its a good heart just reacting to your stress.

When you think of how many members on here get these missed beats and also the fact that there is even a catagory so people can start threads about them, should help you to feel more positive about them.

Going home xx

Thank you all so much for your replys. I do feel better today. But man, when you start to worry about something it is funny how your body runs with it! Ican get them from every few seconds to every hour or it could be a month. Stupid things. Your replys did help me alot guys. Thank you thank you!

Sorry to hijack the thread. Just thought i'd say, that I am getting them too. They are fine usually all night and in the morning, but by the afternoon and evening they are really bad, sometimes missing every few beats....it is driving me crazy. My Blood pressure is fine, and I don't feel ill in any other way. I had a period of very intense anxiety a couple of weeks ago, about 4 hours of near constant panic attacks, and I've had this problem since then, although I don't feel stressed or anxious any more at all.

Does anyone know what exactly I'd 'done' by having panic attacksthat has set this off ?

Any idea on how long they can take to subside ?

I am having a very bad day of them too today they are awful but we all know deep down they aren't going to hurt us,,At the time that is hard to believe i got myself in a right state this morning dodn't feel well at all went for a long walk with the dog and didn't get 1 then got home relaxed and hey here they are again..It's not nice but it's also reassuring to know we are not alone x x

know what you mean, i often get them when im walking my dog as well as night times when im supposed to be relaxing and if im woken in the night, but the gp says ignore them which isnt easy.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information