Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: skipped heartbeats, please respond soon

Re: skipped heartbeats, please respond soon

I get around 20 every day, some of them in runs that are very scary.

I'm still trying to learn to live with them but unless you suffer from them, you can never understand how hard this is

It's very hard to ignore them because i feel as though my heart is going to pack in any minute, it sometimes feels like it's vibrating in my chest which i think could be wind but it's awful x

I know it feels awful, but honestly, they won't do you any harm. Learning to live with them is the best option. The more you are afraid of them the more they can happen. Try to not let them scare you so much, I know it's difficult but it's the only way.
    Myra

Missed beats are normal but scary. Concentrating on it a lot emphasises the heart beat and it can make you notice the beats more. I had an ECG done last night and mine was clear as well....if it's clear, you'll be fine.

my ecg was fine too. im seeing a cardio just to be 100% safe/sure

Lightbulb Re: skipped heartbeats, please respond soon

Quote Originally Posted by myra View Post
    Hi,

I had another 24 hour monitor on the other day and it registered 6000 missed beats. I got a shock at the time but have been reassured that although that was more than the average person, they are still nothing to worry about and it's completely up to yourself if you want treatment. This was a cardiologist who told me this so you've got to assume they're right!! They're still going strong at the moment and yes, I'm completely sick of them, but it's just a matter of accepting them for the moment and maybe they'll eventually go. I got an echocardiogram done at the time and saw my heart on the screen and I felt really touched when I saw it and that stress was making it react differently (sounds ridiculous, but that's how I felt). It's made me really think about how I live my life and to try and eliminate stress that's due to outside influences. I've had an issue at work that I've decided I'm no longer putting up with and have taken a step to resolve it. This in itself was very stressful but you've got to put yourself first sometimes. Us anxious people tend to be dutiful, caring, sensitive people and forget about our own needs sometimes. So, yes they are harmless, a nuisance, but harmless!!
    Myra
    6000 missed beats wow how many times does the heart beat in a 24 hour period!

HI guys ! Hope everyone is having a better day today. I didn't have one ectopic episode all day until after I ate lunch and then after tea again. So, for some reason meals seem to set them off, which is odd ? VERY hard to forget them isn't it.

I been getting palpitations for several years now and one of the things I have notice that set them off is when I overeat.

Ahhhh thanks, I've sure been doing enough of that this Xmas ! lol

I get in a panic if my heart beat feels weak. Sometimes when it's fast I'm more reassured it's working.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information