Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: skipped heartbeats, please respond soon

Re: skipped heartbeats, please respond soon

OH for goodness sake, these ectopic eposides are driving me potty, really annoying me. I don't feel anxious (the incident that precipitated them starting was about 3 - 4 weeks ago and is long gone !). I have been keeping physically active, clearing snow for hours mostly and getting with my usual work and life.

Some days are better than others, but without fail after eating they start for 1/2 hour or so. I have done a search on this site for other threads about ectopic beats, and some indicate that a hernia and nerve pressure - err - to something or other - can cause the attacks. I do have some trapped wind after eating, but no indigestion.

Surely though I'd have more symptoms than this if I had a hernia ? Maybe I just need to be more patient......

I guess we all look for some reason. From what I understand,the vagus Nerve is responsible for lungs, heart and ? (stuff) and it seems that with anxiety, the nervous system becomes over sensitized. For more information, visit the heart palps forum which appears to be down right now. But it really is a great place to understand what may be happening to you:

http://palps.chemicalforums.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl

Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.
    And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.
    And how else can it be?
    Kahlil Gibran

Thank you, I will check it out later on. I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

No problem, we are in the same boat. I hate the darn things and the dizziness and everything else they cause. I am getting them all day long this past few weeks. Interestingly yesterday I cried and had a bit of an angry moan about some of my stresses and for a few hours they stopped.

Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.
    And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.
    And how else can it be?
    Kahlil Gibran

i have these all the time, expecially when i lie down and in bed at night, so scary i'm worried i'm going to die.

can anyone who has these PM me?

I also have these a lot of the time at the moment, to the point where they've exhausted me and I've had to take some time out. As much as I think they can be caused by various things, e.g. digestive problems, etc. I also think that yes, they probably are caused by stress. Even although we may not feel too stressed it is in the background, keeping these beats going!! I'm not afraid of them because I know they are harmless, but yes, they are a complete and utter nuisance to live with, especially during the night. I sympathise with you all.
    Myra

I get them too, have done since a very stressful year, I can feel the extra beat & missed beat like its sat with me. Mine seem to come on just before my monthly period! Like yourselves i notice them more after eating too. Some week i dont get any & sometimes they are hear for weeks.
    They are awful to have & if im honest do scare me a little even thought i know its probably because im stressing as my ECG suggests my heart is working normally!

I wish i had a tip for you but i haven't as im still learning myself!

Nic x

It is comforting to know, from reading these replies, that this appears to be such a common problem. In my heart (excuse pun) I know all is ok, as I don't get any pain, no breathlessness and can do quite physical activity just as I always have. As much as you get used the them....it is always the...'what if this time my heart doesn't kick in ?' scenario that causes the fear. I have to say, the longer they are going on, the more easily I am able to forget them. Funny old thing the human body..... The most irritating thing for me is that I am not unhappy,not having panic attacks, have no depression and so on, I feel mentally very well...I am just getting on with my life....

I guess it is my body's way of telling me that some very stressful family events over the last two years are causing me more stress than I thought.
    Last edited by Carys; 16-01-10 at 19:51.

HI I VE HAD THE FOR LAST 3 YEARS .,I HAVE THEM NOW .,.IN BED WITH ACID AND NOW MY ECTOPICS A GAIN BLOODY HORRIBLE MY LEGS GO WEEK .,.,HAD A BOUT 30 ECGS MRI SCANS ON HEART ALL FINE ON METOPROLOL,.SEEMS TO DO SOD ALL .,THEY MAKE ME SO MAD MY LIFE IS HORRIBLE AT MO ,.,MAYBE HAVING AN ABLATION WHERE THEY PUT A TUBE IN YOUR THIGH FIND THE ECTOPIC AND BURN IT OUT .,ITS AN ELECTRICAL FIELD WHICH HAS GONE SLIGHTLY HAY WIRE LOL,.,. I ALSO SUFFER FROM JAWACHE AND BREATHLESSNESS.,WHEN I GET THEM BUT THEY ARE HARMLESS ...,SO DONT THINK URE GONNA DIE .,,.,LET ME KNOW WHAT SYMPTONS U GET .,.,.if u want a private chat u can reach me on alexwiddowson35@yahoo.con many thanks alex

I feel for you Alex. I too have weak legs sometimes with them. I've resigned myself to the fact that I'm probably going to have them for evermore - but I just hate the weak, tired feeling, especially at work if the place is busy and you just can't take a break. This is when they are nothing but an absolute nuisance.
    Myra

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information