Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NMP Slimming Club - All welcome!

Lightbulb NMP Slimming Club - All welcome!

Hello All,

I decided (and many agreed) that we should start an online slimming club not only because the festive season has (nearly) past but also due to the fact that many of us are on medications which weightgain is one of the side effects. Yes I find myself reaching for that bag of crisps/bar of chocolate even if I am not hungry.

To lose weight successfully is to do it slowly, no tricks but with that bit of willpower we still might have.

I had an idea that we could give each other tips on what works for us, post some exercises, recipes or even handy tools from websites.

The main thing is to stay positive in this, if you fail one day just pick up the next we are not pointing fingers and putting each other down... NO! We are here for each other as a team!

Let's make 2010 our year to learn to love ourselves and feel better... come to terms with what we have to deal with and just try and live a little more and be happy

To us

Re: NMP Slimming Club - All welcome!

I've just eaten a huge fry-up, so when does it start?!!! That sounds great to me. I really need to lose weight and would be interested in taking part. Not only that, it really does wonders for your self esteem if you lose a bit of weight. You start feeling good about yourself. So count me in.
    Myra

Hello Myra, welcome to the group... we all love food (if we didn't we wouldn't be in this situation lol)

I think the best time to start is the new year, turning over new leaf etc.

Hugs,

Helen

Hi Helen.....I'd like to join in. I'd just like to eat a bit better and improve my diet.....less chocolate and more fruit.

Also I'd like to do more exercise and feel a bit better.

Lex xx

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
    (Herm Albright)

Id so love to Join this wee club Helen but ive got a lot going on in the 1st 12wks of the new yr - I would like to wish all of u who do join all the success in the world - keep me posted on the progess please..

Good Post Helen

Luv Dee

Dee xx

aww Thanks Dee, you are welcome to join anytime you wish... there is no limit and no stress with this diet

hi i used to do lots of exercise and overcome depression through doing lots, i am determined to get back to where i was few yrs ago and start doing jogging or dvd in doors 5 times a week, it certanly made me more positive and much happier.

i started this morning doing my nell mac andrew dvd, i recommend this if you are serious about exercise, it is hard work but has fab results. hugs all

Thanks Donna, having you join us would be a great support for us when we start in the new year!

I don't have masses to lose, just a couple of stone but as you know they can be the stubborn ones. I am not aiming for size 0, I want to keep my female curves

I'd love to do this since its difficult for me to go out and join a club or a gym. I think for me the weight gain is a combination of my medication (though my doctor isn't entirely convinced of this but i'm sure it has slowed my system down) going through the menopause (have read that the fat that settles around the middle at this time in our lives, is practically imovable as the body tries to hang onto it because there's oestrogen in fat) and being in the house most days means I don't get as much exercise as I used to. But I think my eating habits aren't too bad really, so it must be the wine then

My daughter-in-law bought me an exercise dvd for xmas which isn't too strenuous but is good for starters I think and the few times ive tried it I can definately feel it.

So what do we have to do to be part of the diet club?

Going home xx

I shall be watching to see what you are doing, befor i join you
    I am going to physio at the moment and i cannot believe how UNFIT i am,
    I get out of breath soooo easily and it scares me so i do not go so far and then i sit down more often.
    Then the ""i can't be bothered"" sets in and that is VERY hard to come out of.
    Just 3mins of step ups and i am done.

I think your idea is terrific - well done
    Best wishes
    June

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information