Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: NMP Slimming Club - All welcome!

Re: NMP Slimming Club - All welcome!

Hello and Welcome to you all, this is a fantastic turnout and I have a feeling we will succeed this together, eventhough we all have different medications and ailments, schedules and lifestyles we will do this... first rule is of course positive attitude and second, do not make this a chore, let's make it enjoyable.. Hell, if we are that good we might get famous lol for best diet in the world!

We do start on the first but due to the fact that lots will be still celebrating as we go into the new year we are going to do just one meal portion controlled and the rest is up to you. I want to build it slowly so our bodies can get used to eating a different way. I hope this isn't too confusing. I will show you how I am going to go about my first day because I won't be doing any late night partying and bingeing.

Breakfast: porridge for me, it is my favourite breakfast, it is slow release and it doesn't contain salt

snack can be a biscuit of choice or a piece of fruit

Lunch this is where I get really fussy because I am not hungry but I might have a slice of wholemeal toast with some jam or if I have some soup I choose that.

I don't snack in the afternoon. You may have something if you fancy but try not to go over 100cals, go for a breakfast bar or a miniature chocolate.

Dinner is most important because we must eat our veg for all you vegetarians out there you will have to come up with something of an alternative, you must have your protein somehow.
    I grill meats and fish, steam my veg but now that we are still stuck in winter time, I make a stew, casserole, soup.

I will start a seperate recipe thread so you can either add one of your own or one that you saw on a website/book (I don't know how the administrators go about copyright laws we will soon find out)

As for fitness, good luck finding suitable exercise. I have my guide to body toning book by womans fitness but I also plan on getting a pedometer for my nintendo DSi and do plenty of walking (my psychiatrist will be thrilled).

I can't stress enough, this is not going to be torture, you don't have to starve yourself we do it slowly. Also you don't have to weigh in or show measurements keep a little diary for yourself with a chart. I will do some search for some tools for us to use.

That's all for now friends, have a nice evening

Hello Helen, i would love to join your slimming club.i have put on so much weight since my accident and i cant do martial arts anymore and dont go out much, this site is a god send and really helps me.so if others are in the same situation and want to slim like i do, what a great idea you have..we can all get slim togther and share the exsperince..sam x

Welcome Sam, We can support each other, motivate each other and in general get the weight off at a good steady pace.

One thing I would like to add is certain addictions we might have which makes us bulk out just that bit more. I am talking about fizzy drinks and sugar... all empty calories so if you have any of these addictions come and talk to me. I used to drink a couple litres of coke a day plus had two sugars in my tea/coffee and I broke the habit! Sweeteners and diet coke isn't an option either sorry, they aren't good for you! Don't make me point my finger

hey all, I have a few qualifications in nutrition and health if I can be any of assistance to anyone give me a shout xxxxxxxxxx

The Sticky Kitchen on facebook!

Weeble this is fantastic news all we need now is a fitness instructor to post some videos on how to do the excersises (preferbly someone like Bob Harper from Biggest Loser) mmmmmm *drool*

I cant join in sadly cos I need to put on weight

However having once weighed 20 stone plus I would love to offer you all the help and support I can

No one ask how I did it either........I made myself very ill and was nearly crippled for life

However the right approach seems to be here little by little

Cant wait for the success stories soon

Good Luck guys

Kaz x x x

hi all, well this is my 2nd day of doing my exercise workout, today i put on my ipod and jogged on spot for half hour, although its important to start slow to warm up and build up, then slow down for mins or so after.

i feel really good and determined to keep going, i must add i did eat pizzhut pizza tonight lol, but i not going to deprive myself if i am exercising and burning calories, but i do quite often just cut my portion size and use healthier options with food.

hope everyone doing ok, hugs xxx

I think its a brilliant idea.I started cutting back a month before christmas and started walking further with my dog,but I have a problem with my foot and the podiatrist has told me to back on the walking,and it needs to be rested.So Im thinking of getting my bike out

I could do with losing 2 stone,I lost a stone few years back with help from a nutritionist as I had a candida problem,I was on a yeast free diet for 3 months and lost the stone but the diet was very drastic.

I feel very sluggish at the mo!!!!

I usually have porridge in the morning,very light lunch and a cooked tea.But My worst problem is picking!!!!!!

Lets go for it!!!!!!!!

Oh cant wait i've gained 11 pound since I started taking citalopram in May.

Hello Helen and All other slimmers hehe,

I would love to join!! I would like to lose about 2 stones..or a dress size..not sure how much weight that is!

I have a Wii so plan to use that for my exercise...just purchased EA Activ which will be delivered this week...I love exercise..my downfall is eating...HELP PLEASE!! I am a chocolate muncher...I am addicted to sugar so any help with that will be greatful!!

Well looking forward to this =)

1st Jan here we come!!

Candy xxxxx

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information